ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the financial success of one or more departments by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Consolidate, analyze and communicate size and location-based performance, including sales/inventory comparisons, seasonality and marketing impacts.
- From analysis, quantify size level volume and profit opportunities.
- Develop departmental distribution strategies to capture location-based opportunity.
- Track and communicate availability of inbound receipts.
- Strategize, supervise and/or execute the release of initial inventories and in-season replenishment to stores.
- Within the purchase order process, develop best strategies for packing, pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing within multiple pools of inventory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to define inventory ownership strategies of basic styles; manage replenishment to meet basics in-stock targets.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store assortments and quantities.
- Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
- Participate in Company initiatives as appropriate.
- Provide timely, balanced, and actionable direction and feedback to direct reports to foster rapid skill development and performance improvement.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
Minimum Education Level
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with business partners across multiple cultures
- Ability to deliver convincing presentations, clearly identifying business issues and decisions
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possesses a clear understanding of distribution strategies and how to impact them
- Proficiency in Excel and ability to navigate through various Merchandise systems, Experience with JDA a plus.
- Language: Fluency in English preferred;
- 2-3 years of retail Inventory management related experience is preferred;