Distribution Planner - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She.
The Distribution Planner is responsible for managing allocation strategies for a product category or division, ensuring that store-level distribution strategies are aligned with product strategies and support financial plans. Success in this position requires the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable strategies; and the ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships with Inventory Management, Merchandising, Logistics, Store Operations, and the Field.
- Ensure store inventory levels reflect merchandise strategies and stores positioned to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals across a rapidly growing fleet of stores.
- Participate in seasonal inventory allocation strategies that support the investment review strategies.
- Work ranges from tactical execution, statistical data analysis, preparation and population of reports, and interpretation/summary of findings to inform recommendations.
- Responsible for suite of reporting to support categories or division and inform in-season actions.
- Support the commercial plan by ensuring marketed product is tracked and prioritized through the supply chain, highlighting any potential issues.
- Assist in defining business and systems strategy, develop requirements, and implement practical business solutions.
- Ensure timely communication of key timelines, deliverables, and expectations to cross-functional team members.
ONE HARRISON STREET
- Thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Growth mindset
- Demonstrated expertise with IM Planning and Allocation systems
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in Advanced MS Excel
- Comfortable with complex systems and large data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage work independently
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years experience in inventory management
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top