Director Technology, Unified Communications & Collaboration
At GapTech, we are obsessed with our customers’ success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver value to our customers and exceed their expectations. Our customers are our employees. The Director, Unified Communications and Collaboration is a key role in a service focused organization that places their customers at the heart of its culture.
The Director, UCC is responsible for the global success of communications and collaboration technology at Gap Inc. Audio visual, video conferencing, voice, messaging and other collaboration technologies will be in scope. They will own the global architecture, design and engineer new solutions, lead implementations of new and upgrades of existing technology and oversee operations in North America, all with a clear focus on user experience and continuous improvement.
The Director, UCC will be responsible for the continued global transformation of our communications and collaboration technology platform to achieve the overall goal of customer success. They will work closely with internal and external parties to build and manage the right solutions for Gap Inc. They will lead a team of A/V (audio visual and video conferencing) technicians and ensure alignment of strategy, operations and end-user experience.
The ideal candidate will be a proven thought leader in the A/V arena with experience of large-scale implementations of A/V technology and a customer mind-set. He/she will have strong capability to devise technology strategy and see it through to implementation and operation. This leader will need to be able to work effectively in a heavily matrixed organization, possess strong vendor partnership skills and have lead technical teams in the delivery and support of A/V technology.
By nature, you are incredibly motivated by delivering technology solutions to business problems and delighting customers. You have a strong sense of what it takes to exceed customer expectations and you lead by example in the delivery of results.
- Act as a thought leader and drive the development of GapTech’s UCC technology strategy with a strong focus on A/V
- Fully understand and articulate the UCC strategy in both technical and business terms to senior IT & business leaders
- Keep up to date on relevant technologies and products and provide an ongoing forward-looking roadmap for our next 2-3 years’ solutions
- Understand customer and stakeholder business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Lead architectural and topology design, new technology evaluation and integration planning activities
- Ensure architecture and design provides reliability and redundancy for all services
- Lead the implementation of consistent, high quality technology solutions globally
- Drive A/V projects and project engagement including resourcing, costing, coordination with GapTech PMO and Infrastructure groups
- Oversee US A/V event and video conference meeting support, potentially providing global support in future
- Drive innovative A/V technology improvements on an ongoing basis
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for our organization through the creation and distribution of best practices, procedures and services in general
- Establish and maintain regular communications with GapTech Leadership regarding UCC technology strategy, initiatives, performance, concerns, etc
- Create an atmosphere that fosters high performance and collaboration within the organization and with appropriate suppliers that emphasizes teamwork and accountability while rewarding initiative, innovation, discipline and operational excellence
- Develop strong customer/partner relationships. Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor/partner. Continuously manage customer expectations
- Direct and manage suppliers in the provision of technology products and services holding them accountable for high quality outcomes that delight our customers
- BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Management Information Systems or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum CTS required, CTS-D preferred
- 10 plus years of previous experience in the design, engineering, maintenance, and optimization of large, complex communication infrastructures and networks
- Significant experience in evaluation and successful implementation of new audio visual/video/voice/messaging technologies
- Experience of Vidyo and/or Cisco video conferencing solutions preferred
- Experience with video conferencing desktop solutions including latest web conferencing solutions preferred
- Experience with a large scale deployment of Microsoft Skype for Business and Office365 collaboration solutions preferred
- Customer success obsessed – consistently delight customers and exceed their expectations
- Problem solver - seek out difficult problems, deeply inspect them, bring forward creative solutions and implement them
- Curious learner - constantly looking to improve ourselves, teams, and the environment around us
- Honest team player - comfortable challenging the status quo and work together to achieve audacious goals
- Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative essential
- Excellent communication including executive communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment across multiple functions
- Strategic thinker and leader – able to develop, plan, execute a strategy and anticipate scenarios and potential issues and consequences
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work and keep stakeholders informed throughout
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, customers and vendors
- Working as part of a team and on an individual basis, to meet operational targets set by management
- Inspiring leader of people focused on own and direct reports performance and development
Back to top