Director, Store Construction - East, Gap Inc.
This position is responsible for leading a team through the store development lifecycle to deliver a multi brand portfolio, of store construction projects. In service to field and division brand customers, the Director acts as primary point of contact for all construction needs. Leads the team in providing exceptional customer service, while delivering the highest quality construction, at the lowest possible cost. Ensures stores are constructed in accordance and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Recommends and maintains a network of highly effective and competitive general contractors, architectural and mechanical service providers to meet our ever-changing business needs. Responsible for effectively managing and deploying all resources for new and remodeled projects, to ensure maximum productivity is achieved.
- Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration & Influence
- Talent Builder
- Accountable for managing & developing the construction team, including hiring, retention and compensation decisions, performance management, capability/skills development, career development, and succession planning.
- Partners effectively with cross functional teams (Real Estate, Procurement, Maintenance, PMO, Finance, Architecture & Engineering, Creative Services, Operations, Global Store Technology, Loss Prevention) to achieve the common goal of delivering new and remodel projects meeting customer and shareholder expectations.
- Partner with Brand Leadership and demonstrate an understanding of brand strategies, priorities and terminology.
- Provides strategic leadership and general direction to department, managers and staff. Serves as a role model that coaches and mentors direct reports. Supporting for business dedication and cross-functional teamwork efforts.
- Leads and inspires functional team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Primary liaison for brand support and oversee implementation of its' construction needs including contract bidding and award processes. Ensures bidding processes are viewed as fair, ethical and without bias.
- Supports business partners in creation of annual, new/remodel plans and budgets. Provides feedback and insight for use in the development of construction cost estimating types and models. Supports preparation of annual construction budgets, key project initiatives, strategic roll-outs and project specific costs for brand's needs.
- Responsible for tracking and measuring against annual construction budgets, at individual project, portfolio, and project initiative levels. Identifies and tracks cost drivers affecting bid and final cost variances from proforma.
- Manages project delivery process, ensuring sites are turned-over to field in a quality and timely manner and manages expectations with key stakeholders.
- Maintain effective, collaborative relationships, with network of competent service orientated vendors. Manage vendor relationships, providing regular formal and informal performance feedback.
- Interact internally/externally with Senior Leadership, may require negotiation of difficult matters (vendor claims / dispute resolution, budget variance meetings, landlord disputes, etc).
- Establishes and maintains Service Level Agreements and supporting metrics to ensure customer needs are accurately addressed.
- Recommend short and long term strategies to achieve business objectives and company goals, ensuring congruence with overall department.
- Responsible for developing and actively managing brand's new and remodel communication strategy, including vision, mission and values statements, annual business strategies, goals and objectives.
111 WEST 33RD STREET
Required skills & abilities:
- Proven ability to lead and develop people
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize with attention to detail
- Strong quantitative analysis, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Ability to manage diverse company initiatives and complex business issues
- Proven ability to be resourceful in rapid changing environment
Minimum educational level:
- College degree and/or demonstrated/equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years general management experience
- Managed a retail construction team with 5 or more direct reports.
- Managed a team with 50 or more projects annually
- Prior experience with complex/high profile retail construction projects
- In-depth construction management knowledge
- Ability to travel w/in North America (30%)
- Experience in change management
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top