Director - Services and Payments
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this critical leadership role, you will be accountable for all-new capabilities for our highly scaled commerce and payment back-end services, powering Gap Inc.'s multi-platform (Web, Mobile) E-Commerce applications. You will be leading a high-performance engineering team practicing best-in-class DevOps and continuous delivery engineering practices.
In addition, you will be responsible for working with your Product Management, Architecture and Technical Program Management peers to build end-to-end product delivery and technology plans for this area, across all Gap Inc.'s brands and markets.
A key part of your responsibilities will include instituting the right processes and practices to ensure high availability of all your applications and services at scale while leading your team's Cloud-based technical roadmap. In your role, you will also lead oversight for the total cost of ownership for building, testing, and running your products in Production - ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
You will be responsible for our multi-billion dollar e-commerce services platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide - making it fast, intuitive and rewarding to shop online!
What you'll do
- The role reports to the Sr. Director of Digital Experience and Commerce, in GapTech.
- Accountable for ensuring overall delivery excellence and high availability for the Cloud-based E-Commerce Services and Payments Product Group at Gap, Inc.
- Lead product and technical roadmap planning for the group, actively collaborating with key architecture, product, operations and program management partners
- Ensure successful delivery execution of large complex product initiatives consisting of multiple cross-functional / organizational Agile teams
- Maintain overall financial oversight as part of the total cost of ownership for building all your product capabilities, Production support and Cloud consumption costs
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Provide leadership, mentorship and oversight to a high-performance team of engineering managers and engineers across product delivery, technology decisions, engineering best practices and transformation
- Evaluate business needs, research and formulate application solutions, and make solution recommendations to Gap Tech leadership.
- 7-10 years of engineering leadership experience with E-Commerce sites at scale
- Deep end-to-end technical knowledge building and running web applications, services and related technologies in the Cloud - Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud
- Proficient and hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Payment systems, Messaging services, API design, Database systems and high-volume, multi-threaded microservices
- Ability to credibly challenge technical design decisions and approaches with highly talented product managers, architects and engineers
- Experience leading leaders and independent, high performing teams with demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Experience collaborating with product and program management to build a detailed product and technical roadmaps that consistently meet budget/time expectations
- Strong executive presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leaders on technology-related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top