Director - Sales & Operations(S&OP) Planning - Global Supply Chain
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
From cotton to customer our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees, who source, produce and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longer enough for supply chains and operations to be just "execution engines." We have to deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
The S&OP Director leads the team charged with brand and network performance analysis to provide insights into the health of inventory plans, identifying risk and opportunity and evaluating non-standard needs.
This leader is a key partner with the brand, central S&OP team, cross brand S&OP peers, transportation and DC leadership for execution of brand intent, risk assessment and contingency plan creation.
S/He will establish and manage the structured process for the brand S&OP team, ensuring that assigned brand is effectively supported with appropriate levels of performance and forecasting reports to evaluate inventory availability plans against flow calendar targets and network performance trends to identify and quantify risk and opportunities for service improvement and cost optimization. Partnership with brand, central S&OP, cross brand peers and internal GSC is a critical component of success.
S/he oversees the governance and prioritization of work practices and approval/prioritization of non-standard inventory requests including intake for Cross-market, Cross Channel transfers, VAS demand with occasional execution management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage work plans and structured processes for direct reports.
- Develop S&OP team capabilities for producing analytical insights that drive business goals.
- Create operating plan and milestones that support all aspects of brand's inventory strategies with executable, measurable actions that are consistent with service agreements, capabilities and financial targets.
- Create and manage strategic adjustments impacting annual operating plan, flow forecast, inventory positioning, product partnerships, high profile marketing events marketing and consumer insights
- Monitor key performance indicators and trends, identifying risk to cost, service and strategic intent. Pull together teams to problem solve and escalate to optimize, overcome risks and maintain progress toward Operating Model roadmap.
- Participate in development of inventory strategies and priorities across band and supply chain, applying operational execution filter to new work streams and initiatives
- Act as local Supply Chain expert and thought-partner for developing inventory plans.
- Roll out new capabilities by providing training, metrics, trend reporting and insights to key stakeholders.
- Provide fulfillment and transportation network with accurate brand forecasts based on Brand priorities and emerging business needs. Provides demand prioritization and non -standard allocation and delivery needs.
- Align flow forecasts and demand forecasts with flow strategies and changing business priorities.
- Manages the structured process that supports allocation and store labor planning:
- Maintains pick calendar / allocation and delivery dates
- Creates store delivery forecast
- Creates allocation plan in systems
- Work with field management and operations to capture location based opportunities and support initiatives that affect store deliveries
- Experienced and proficient in Product to Market Planning milestones, systems, tools, and reports
- Expertise in use of corporate systems: GLV, PROMPT, PETE, and other planning systems
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing demands and create practical solutions to business problems
- Highly accountable, forward thinking, and able to understand the bigger picture, create value add work streams, and drive process improvement to completion.
- Solid analytical skills and has a Technical skills- savvy in Excel (v-lookup, pivots tables, filtering)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership presence. Able to tailor information to audience and get quickly to the heart of the issue. Able to shift gears when needed without undue fluster
- Comfortable in front of higher level leadership and able to easily develop and leverage key business relationships.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and see them through to completion.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking business and Financial Acumen
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Problem solver
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operations or related analytic field.
- 8+ years of experience in Strategy, management consulting, finance, operations
- Proven success and demonstrated passion for leading a team and influencing to drive business results
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top