Director - Resource Planning
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
GapTech is seeking an energetic member to join our team! The Technology Resource Planning Group is an integral part of the Office of the CIO. The group provides critical resource planning for 2000+ employees and contractors to enable enterprise resource planning to support our technology project portfolio worldwide. This includes, project resource demand forecast planning, identification of critical skillsets, coordination with HR/Recruiting regarding contractor conversions/contract to hire positions, and time & attendance process and reporting.
The Director of Resource Planning is a critical role responsible for managing all these facets. He/She must be able to lead a team that can strategically identify, plan and allocate resources for the successful delivery and support of the IT portfolio of projects. This position is internal and external facing, collaborating with senior Gap Inc/GapTech leadership, technology resources and technical managers, project managers as well as external contracting agencies. This role is expected to have a solid baseline understanding of technology project management and practices. The leader must be resourceful, adaptable, and be willing to fail fast in a transformation environment. Emotional intelligence, high collaboration and partnership is key to this role.
- Interface with senior leaders in the business and represent GapTech in driving strategic planning and execution of GapTech resources in order to understand critical resource skills for current and future demand, based on technological trends
- Lead and develop resource strategies for demand vs capacity planning and forecasting, and define metrics to be used for portfolio and reporting purposes
- Develop end-to-end resource engagement processes to interface with other Office of the CIO teams, such as Portfolio Management, throughout the project lifecycle
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to curate vendor partnerships that standardize market basket rates, ensuring best-in-class contingent labor resources and niche skill-sets
- Influence organizational processes and approaches to provide flexibility and scalability in support of best in class human capital; and to continuously improve the model
- Champion modern tooling to deliver sharp analytics, metrics, trending, and predictive capabilities
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 10+ years full lifecycle program or project management experience with Agile frameworks
- 8+ years of experience with complex data, numbers, trends and graphs. Expert knowledge with data management, presentation, and analysis.
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment at all levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, master of data manipulation and interpretation.
- Creative thinker, leveraging prior experiences and innovation in solving problems to drive business outcomes and results
- Action-oriented mindset with the ability to rapidly prioritize and multi-task
- Highly adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top