Director - Real Estate Field
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Director Real Estate is a key member of a regional field real estate office and is responsible for all existing real estate asset management & lease administration, procurement of new store growth, and support of the development of a long term profitable real estate strategy in defined territory within the region. The position is responsible for managing the entire real estate pipeline from strategy to execution, mitigating rent & occupancy exposure across the enterprise for all existing and new stores within their territory. Responsible for actively driving strategic initiatives that engages business partners across the organization to evolve and deliver Gap Inc.'s real estate strategy.
- Oversee and manage the entire real estate pipeline process for all lease transactions for a specific territory within a region.
- Be the primary market and real estate expert for assigned territory
- Supports the development of an executable strategy by consolidating multiple perspectives with strategic options that challenges or requires cooperation from others to drive innovation
- Implement the real estate strategy for each brand within the enterprise that maximizes sales, profitability, customer acquisition and convenience.
- Develop enterprise and/or landlord negotiating strategy to maximize Gap Inc. leverage.
- Management of a developer account in partnership with cross functional internal business partners including development of a portfolio strategy. Responsible for negotiating portfolio package of deals to a favorable outcome.
- Partner and, in some cases, lead the negotiations with Landlords to support Occupancy Audit recoveries and claims, which includes co-tenancy and leasehold audits.
- Effectively engages, communicates and works with business partners to seek agreement with multiple stakeholders in order to influence and drive shared positive results across the organization.
- Challenges the status quo, creates new and better means to achieve enterprise and business success
- Remains nimble and agile; shifts self and resources as needed. Creates and advances ways of achieving results in new or difficult situations
- Supports, recognizes, and encourages team members to strive for high performance of deal team
- Foster, develop, and maintain key real estate and retail industry relationships including landlords, brokers and retailers.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in Retail Real Estate on a national basis
- Extensive market and real estate knowledge with proven track record of negotiating deals (soft goods/food & beverage sector is preferred) in assigned territory
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Real Estate site acquisition and pipeline process
- Extensive knowledge of lease administration process
- Thorough knowledge and experience with negotiation strategies and techniques
- Proven track record of supporting a sustainable and profitable real estate strategy
- Strong industry reputation within the real estate industry with a track record of building relationships with Retail Brokers, Major Developers and Landlords.
- Extensive knowledge of specialty store and "Big Box" retailing in shopping mall, power center, neighborhood and street retailing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory issues related to Retail Real Estate deals.
- Successful track record of collaboration with different Business Functions to achieve goals
- Experience of working successfully in a matrix organization.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% on average.
- Bachelor's degree related field / business administration required.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top