Director - Program Management - Marketing Operations
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
The Director, Program Management - Marketing Operations leads the center of excellence for all omni-Marketing project management for Old Navy, specializing in cross-functional milestone management end-to-end for the Commercial pipeline. The director is focused on facilitating strategic alignment and creating integration tools and processes that best support a go-to-market calendar inclusive of 365 marketing communications, campaigns as well as read and react initiatives. S/he leads a team of operations managers that support various marketing functions to create efficiencies within this process and to enable best in class marketing work. Works with the team to provide hands-on leadership in designing, prioritizing, and implementing planning and process excellence for marketing - fostering a cohesive and creative work environment. Leads planning and projects with strategic thinking, integrated process excellence, and an operational mindset. Unique blend of marketing strategy and operations acumen, leadership, agility and communications skills. Eye for operation efficiency and scalability. Marketing Operations Director is responsible for the framework, strategy for the content.
What you'll do
- Sets all pipeline schedules for marketing collateral development and approval, from Concept Kick Off to asset-level delivery, with input from the Sr PM, Creative as needed
- Books and facilitates all Concept and CPA phase milestones
- Facilitates cross-functional creative reviews with Leadership
- Creates and maintains a standard of excellence for agendas, meeting attendees
- Tracks all final LT approvals for Seasonal Concept, Monthly Concept + Product Alignment, Blocks
- Leads change management communications for all in-season content work, as needed
- Facilitates hand-off to Print and Digital Marketing Production
- Architects efficiencies for the pipeline at a global level, working with the Director of
- Program Management and cross-functional leaders to optimize and apply out
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships across Brand Management, Studio Management, Account Management, Creative and Marketing Production across channels and markets
- Supports Sr PM of Creative and Studio Management in responsibly load-balancing resources across the Creative teams against the larger cadence
- Program manages large-scale projects, as needed, from initial concept to final approval
- Oversees a team of Program Managers, responsible for all in-season creative development milestones, including formal Creative Reviews, off-cycle Reviews, and all email routing
- Supports career planning, training and advancement for the full team
- Extensive experience in developing and managing project pipelines for large-scale business units
- Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational structures
- Strong attention to detail, with a mind for connecting workflows to business needs
- Ability to drive, direct, influence and coordinate activities among cross-functional, global teams
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in people management and development
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of creative pipeline development experience
- 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top