Director - Production Strategy/ Product to Market
About the role
The Director - Product Strategy / Product to Market (P2M) reports to Senior Director Production Strategy. He/ she will facilitate the creation and as necessary drive delivery of a range of production-focused strategic initiatives in support of overall Old Navy objectives. In addition, the role is accountable for developing, maintaining, and evolving the OId Navy P2M calendar and seasonal checklists that drive the product creation engine. This position requires both strategic and tactical agility with a strong bias towards x-functional collaboration and delivery.
What you'll do
- Define and as necessary drive delivery of strategic initiatives in support of the overall Brand and Production team priorities. Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Facilitating the creation and regular updates to product category long range plans (LRPs), in partnership with Production leaders and other functional leaders as appropriate.
- Support the Production leadership team in goal setting, establish clear action plans to achieve the goals, and manage measurement of progress against objectives
- Partner with Sourcing (GIS) Strategy and other functional strategy teams to identify, prioritize, and scope operational initiatives in support of Brand objectives.
- Build and Manage 2 Year Seasonal View of P2M calendar addressing seasonal overlap and other conflicts
- Anticipate and identify potential calendar conflicts driven by shifts in business strategies, tool implementation, and general process updates; look for opportunities to streamline/simplify while adjusting to new requirements
- Engage GIS, Merchant, Design, Production, Inventory Management, Strategy Operations and Marketing to incorporate functional point of view and solve for conflicts including holidays and changes in product-flow strategies
- Maintain effective communication with leadership, providing awareness of critical issues associated with the calendar/impacting the teams, and of the action plans for addressing those issues
- Validate all dates for conflicts, seasonal overlap and reasonableness that teams can execute -Monthly Booking triggers, LRP refreshes, Franchise Relaunches, Family reviews, etc; provide recommendations on conflicts and engage x-functionally to balance deliverables and team capacity
- Engage with GIS to establish most efficient dates for flexible activities such as Early Books, Off-cycle commitments (MOUs),etc. Work with GIS to minimize activities outside the standard calendar
- Create seasonal brand checklist, built off master P2M calendar, that includes all deliverables across all functions, updated and communicated regularly
- Engage with sister brands and externally to identify best practices in P2M process and workflow and represent P2M in initiatives to evolve the Pipeline process
Who you are
- Experience/Skills/Requirements: The ideal candidate will have an understanding of product creation processes, sourcing and logistics, garment production, process engineering and calendar management.
- Apparel P2M experience that include variety of pipelines, responsive and understanding of product architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to frame / scope opportunities into clear and executable initiatives
- Demonstrated experience at working collaboratively with X-functional global teams, including Supply Chain
- Deep understanding of operational and process improvements that can impact P2M to deliver continuous improvement and breakthrough enhancements
- Strong Project Management skills, coupled with Change Management awareness
- Required skills include problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation, business acumen, and strong verbal and written communication.
Back to top