Director - Production Strategy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The P2M Director reports to Senior Director Production Strategy and has strategic accountability for developing, maintaining and evolving the OId Navy P2M calendar and seasonal checklists that drive the product creation engine. He/she partners with x-functional teams, GIS and Supply Chain to drive the pipeline strategy, to build and execute the 2-year Seasonal calendar and checklists, and to bring resolution to conflicts within the P2M calendar. He/she also leads new initiatives impacting the strategy/calendar, through the development and orchestration of process and work flow improvements, this individual will help to streamline and simplify the P2M calendar to drive an evolving product creation engine.
To do this, he/she will partner closely with Design, Merchandising, Production, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Logistics, and Marketing on functional deliverables and constraints; as well as with the Brand Strategy team on integration of P2M calendar with other calendars. This position requires both strategic and tactical agility with a strong bias towards x-functional collaboration and delivery.
- Build and Manage 2 Year Seasonal View of P2M calendar addressing seasonal overlap and other conflicts
- Anticipate and identify potential calendar conflicts driven by shifts in business strategies, tool implementation, and general process updates; look for opportunities to streamline/simplify while adjusting to new requirements
- Engage Merchant, Design, Production, IM Strategy Operations and Marketing in building the calendar to incorporate functional point of view and solve for conflicts
- Engage GIS on seasonal calendar adjustments, eg CNY that impacts FAL/HOL, that impact critical milestones, book dates and flow calendar, including holidays and changes in product-flow strategies - drive to resolution managing trade-offs required
- In partnership with brand teams, GIS and Global Supply Chain, create and communicate testing calendars.
- Maintain effective communication with leadership, providing awareness of critical issues associated with the calendar/impacting the teams, and of the action plans for addressing those issues
- Validate all dates for conflicts, seasonal overlap and reasonableness that teams can execute - including Early Books, Off Cycle; MOU's; Monthly Booking triggers, LRP refreshes, Franchise Relaunches, Family reviews, etc; provide recommendations on conflicts and engage x-functionally to balance deliverables and team capacity
- Create seasonal brand checklist, built off master P2M calendar, that includes key deliverables across all functions, updated and communicated regularly
- Lead regular x-functional calendar meetings to align and revise dates as needed.
- Partner in work to enhance the P2M calendar
- Identify and collaborate x-functionally on opportunities to streamline workflows, simplify process/meetings, and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Gap Tech on technology initiatives to understand the impacts to the brand calendar
- Engage with sister brands and externally to identify best practices in P2M process and workflow
- Represent P2M in initiatives to evolve the Pipeline process
- Experience/Skills/Requirements: The ideal candidate will have an understanding of product creation processes, sourcing and logistics, garment production, process engineering and calendar management.
- Apparel P2M experience that include variety of pipelines, responsive and understanding of product architecture
- Demonstrated experience at working collaboratively with X-functional global teams, incl Supply Chain
- Deep understanding of operational and process improvements that can impact P2M to deliver continuous improvement and breakthrough enhancements
- Strong Project Management skills, coupled with Change Management awareness
- Required skills include problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation, business acumen, and strong verbal and written communication.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top