Director - Production Strategy
About the role
The P2M Director reports to Senior Director Production Strategy and has strategic accountability for developing, maintaining and evolving the OId Navy P2M calendar and seasonal checklists that drive the product creation engine. He/she partners with x-functional teams, GIS and Supply Chain to drive the pipeline strategy, to build and execute the 2-year Seasonal calendar and checklists, and to bring resolution to conflicts within the P2M calendar. He/she also leads new initiatives impacting the strategy/calendar, through the development and orchestration of process and work flow improvements, this individual will help to streamline and simplify the P2M calendar to drive an evolving product creation engine.
To do this, he/she will partner closely with Design, Merchandising, Production, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Logistics, and Marketing on functional deliverables and constraints; as well as with the Brand Strategy team on integration of P2M calendar with other calendars. This position requires both strategic and tactical agility with a strong bias towards x-functional collaboration and delivery.
What you'll do
- Build and Manage 2 Year Seasonal View of P2M calendar addressing seasonal overlap and other conflicts
- Anticipate and identify potential calendar conflicts driven by shifts in business strategies, tool implementation, and general process updates; look for opportunities to streamline/simplify while adjusting to new requirements
- Engage Merchant, Design, Production, IM Strategy Operations and Marketing in building the calendar to incorporate functional point of view and solve for conflicts
- Engage GIS on seasonal calendar adjustments, eg CNY that impacts FAL/HOL, that impact critical milestones, book dates and flow calendar, including holidays and changes in product-flow strategies - drive to resolution managing trade-offs required
- In partnership with brand teams, GIS and Global Supply Chain, create and communicate testing calendars.
- Maintain effective communication with leadership, providing awareness of critical issues associated with the calendar/impacting the teams, and of the action plans for addressing those issues
- Validate all dates for conflicts, seasonal overlap and reasonableness that teams can execute - including Early Books, Off Cycle; MOU's; Monthly Booking triggers, LRP refreshes, Franchise Relaunches, Family reviews, etc; provide recommendations on conflicts and engage x-functionally to balance deliverables and team capacity
- Create seasonal brand checklist, built off master P2M calendar, that includes key deliverables across all functions, updated and communicated regularly
- Lead regular x-functional calendar meetings to align and revise dates as needed.
- Partner in work to enhance the P2M calendar
- Identify and collaborate x-functionally on opportunities to streamline workflows, simplify process/meetings, and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Gap Tech on technology initiatives to understand the impacts to the brand calendar
- Engage with sister brands and externally to identify best practices in P2M process and workflow
- Represent P2M in initiatives to evolve the Pipeline process
- Experience/Skills/Requirements: The ideal candidate will have an understanding of product creation processes, sourcing and logistics, garment production, process engineering and calendar management.
- Apparel P2M experience that include variety of pipelines, responsive and understanding of product architecture
- Demonstrated experience at working collaboratively with X-functional global teams, incl Supply Chain
- Deep understanding of operational and process improvements that can impact P2M to deliver continuous improvement and breakthrough enhancements
- Strong Project Management skills, coupled with Change Management awareness
- Required skills include problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation, business acumen, and strong verbal and written communication.
Back to top