Director - Product to Market
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: This person will drive the creation and support the execution of BR Product Development strategy, inclusive of process effectiveness, end to end product execution mapping and facilitating the cross functional touchpoints needed for collective ownership of Brand's success across the Gap Inc Global Supply Chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project management and develop project infrastructure for large scale projects requiring coordination among multiple functional areas.
- Develop symbiotic relationships with Gap Inc. functions that can aid in the implementation and execution of Supply Chain Strategy Solutions
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to drive effectiveness of programs and implementations
- Maintain integrity and momentum relative to work completed for process, pipeline and associated guardrails
Strategic P2M Lifecycle Management:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of tools and systems that impact supply chain
- Perform macroeconomic analyses and understanding the key metrics and trends impacting sourcing and supply chain performance
- Support building new brand-level capabilities, transform how we develop and buy product.
- Own coordination of product development calendar
- Execute weekly reporting to include commodity trends, AUC (targets, issues and recommendations), open issues, development ratios and business update.
- Report out on development process and seasonal AUC (Average Unit Cost) status related to outlined goals
- Continually reassess and refine work process required to competitively deliver product to market.
- Partner with Learning and Development to update and deliver brand product management tools training: PETE/RPT/Tradestone/PLM
- Manage work, growth and development of Analyst resource
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably with supply chain and/or production, retail apparel, management consulting and/or consumer products
- Must have best practice knowledge and demonstrated experience in supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and translate information into effective strategies and drive results
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience
- Strong oral, written communication and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and meeting facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change outside of span of control or authority
- Experience working in and ability to bring structure to ambiguous and multitasking work environments
- Strong decision making, time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- 4 years People Management experience in directing the daily activities of a staff consisting of a least 1 direct report
- Proven ability to teach and transfer knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency preferred
- 4 year Bachelors degree required
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top