Director - Product Quality - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Director, Product Quality is responsible for identifying & prioritizing product quality improvement opportunities in partnership with the brands across Gap Inc. Manages in-market investigations & escalations by overseeing the development & execution of in-market monitoring strategies for product quality. The Director will drive development of In Market and Customer facing quality analytics, serve as the cross-brand expert on product quality & standards, work and communicate with Brands, GIS and vendors. The Director leads a team of five US based employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees development & execution of in-market monitoring for product quality
- Manages in-market quality escalation processes - identification, investigation, resolution & updating/reporting of the Quality Log
- Supports testing inquiries across Brands
- Identifies & prioritizes product quality improvement opportunities
- Serves as the cross-brand expert on product quality & standards including fabric, trims, product performance standards & product construction
- Drives development of in-market & customer facing quality analytics
- Manages publishing of monthly & quarterly in-market, on-line & customer returns reporting
- Delivers reporting & hind sighting on in-market quality performance
- Oversees the Gallatin based DC product audit function operation & its methodology, staffing & reporting
- BA/BS required. Preferred - Textile Technical Engineering, Textile Quality Assurance, Textile/Product Testing, Garment/Textile Manufacturing & Production
- In-depth technical product knowledge & experience assessing product quality related issues
- 5+ years demonstrated technical & product quality assurance experience, preferably in specialty retail
- Experience in leading others
- Demonstrated initiative & ability to work independently
- Solid project & team management skills
- Highly effective communicator - verbal & written
- Ability to effectively analyze data and generate business relevant reports
- Strong influencing & partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results from investigative findings
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top