Director, Product Management - Supply Chain
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
From cotton to customer our organization is comprised of thousands of employees, who source, produce and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. We have to deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
This role on Gap Inc's Supply Chain Product Management team to ensure world class Merchandising & Sourcing applications, operations and services to support our business, customers and partners worldwide. This role will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and building solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong product management competencies with thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise. Key qualifications include:
What you'll do
- Ability to lead product management and deliver business capabilities through technology enablement; Defines a vision and roadmap for Merchandising and Sourcing systems; Leads a global Sourcing system implementation; Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Results oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion; Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- As a key member of the product management team, own and drive opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive customer Journeys, experience and value addition.
- Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross functional projects to support process optimization end to end. This includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressively relevant experience in Merchandising, Sourcing, Strategy, Inventory Management / consulting, retail/consumer products or similar roles; Bachelor's degree required
- Solid understanding of Merchandising, Sourcing, and IT business processes, and experience working on enabling business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in ambiguous situations; Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication; Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top