Director Product Management, Ecommerce Customer Experience
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Director of Product Management, Ecommerce Customer Experience will play a crucial role defining and delivering the digital strategy for Gap Inc and accelerating the growth of our $3B+ global online businesses.
We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership, innovation and partnership skills who is passionate about working cross-functionally to do the right thing for our customers and solve some of Gap Inc's most interesting and challenging problems.
- Senior level position accountable for planning, developing & implementing strategic digital initiatives across the Gap Inc family of brands
- Assume product ownership of significant portion of the online customer experience; create experiences which inspire customers and help customers discover and evaluate products
- Strong people management skills required to motivate, develop, empower and coach high-functioning product managers
- Develop experiments, learning agendas, requirements, business process changes, internal communications, and implementation plans to bring experiences to life
- Requires skills to communicate both verbally & in written presentation format with all levels of business leaders and influence key business leaders in the organization
- Use quantitative and qualitative customer insights to drive decision making; exhibit and promote an experimental mindsight
- Partner extensively with leaders in User Experience Design, Technology, Consumer Insight, and Testing teams
- Identify new opportunities and develop business cases/ROI for initiatives, including:
o Justifying development initiatives and expenditures
o Drive outcomes
o Analyzing competitors and market trends
o Evaluating technologies
- Leads and motivates multiple cross-functional teams throughout the entire life cycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment
- Influences and collaborates
- Resolve specific challenges related to how a feature/tool will work for Gap Inc.'s customer or business user and make trade-offs of scope, time & budget when issues arise during development
- Accountable for the financial impact and customer experience of the products produced by the team, using analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred, 5 to 8 years of product management experience
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer's need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Marketplace experience: experience in an online retail environment (direct to consumer) preferably apparel, or other customer focused products
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
- Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports
- Experience with the Agile development process
- 7 to 10 years experience in Web or software product management.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top