Director, Product Management – Data Platform
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Customer Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
Reporting to the Director, Informatics & Governance this role is responsible for defining the vision, strategic direction, and business requirements of Gap's Data Platform with an initial focus on Customer Analytics and Data Science. As the head of the Data Platform product team, you will oversee all components of the development lifecycle including: gathering business requirements, technical development, delivery of the platform, and business enablement.
• In consultation with VP, CD&A and Director, Informatics & Governance develop strategic vision and roadmap for Gap's Data Platform to serve two primary missions: Make Better Decisions with Data, and Power Automated Customer Experiences
• Partner with internal business units, other product managers, and brand partners to develop specific use cases to bring the power of the data platform to life
• Drive development of the platform and features by being head of the product team including business analysts, technical architects, analytics experts, and engineers.
• Maintain roadmap and backlog of future features that are aligned to departmental and corporate strategies
• Identifies new opportunities and develops business case/ROI for projects, including:
• Gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources
• Justifying development initiatives and expenditures
• Analyzing competitors and market trends
• Evaluating technologies
• Develop and manages product plans and key stake holder engagement strategy on all initiatives
• Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
• BA/BS required; 7 to 10 years of experience
• Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer's need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
• Marketplace experience: experience in an online retail environment (direct to consumer) preferably apparel, or other customer focused technology products
• Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
• Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports.
• Experience with the Agile development process preferred
• Data services or data science experience preferred
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top