Director, Product Development - Men's Knits & Sweaters - Banana Republic
WHO WE ARE:
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories verticalspecialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporaryclassics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those whosee every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of everymoment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a littledifferently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. Welive with style.
The Director of Product Development manages the product linecreation by partnering cross-functionally to develop, communicate, and executeto merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with localteams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asiato deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managingaverage unit cost.
- Develop category product development strategies that align with global sourcing and vendor strategies.
- Provide key insights on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies.
- Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to develop supporting strategies.
- Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond.
- Manage development metrics set for global brand.
- Drive fabric strategies by developing product that meets fabric expectations and providing recommendations on fabrics to platform, position, and leverage.
- Coordinate product development travel with Design that focuses on developing product that meets aesthetic, quality, and cost goals.
- Manage seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in season product management.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Product Development significant experience in driving global product development and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Team Leadership- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top