Director - Product Creation Operations
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Director of BR Product Creation Operations will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Banana Republic Specialty organization by driving process improvement and integration of enterprise initiatives through our ongoing operating model transformation. This role will drive two essential elements to our ongoing success: improvements to our current execution of strategic product creation and the transformative adoption of new product creation capabilities. Our efforts to improve our current state process focuses primarily on supporting key cross-functional efforts like strategic fabric platforming, AUC management/process, and line plan adherence. From a new capability and transformation perspective, this role will enable our product creation teams to maximize the value the brand can derive from new product testing and enterprise-wide demand driven buying capabilities.
This position requires a strong understanding of product creation and supply chain strategies, together with a deep understanding of product life cycle, and a desire to drive change through people, process and tools. Must have the ability to manage complexity, communicate persuasively, and effectively leverage relationships with executives and teams. Proven history of transforming product creation processes (line plans through to adoption sample execution) a plus. The role also partners closely with the inventory management, supply chain, GapTech, and international sourcing offices to ensure the seamless deployment of new systems/tools and creation of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project management and develop project infrastructure for large scale projects requiring coordination across multiple functional areas.
- Develop symbiotic relationships across functions that will aid in the implementation and execution of brand-specific and cross-brand supply chain strategy best practices
- Maintain integrity and momentum relative to work completed for process, pipeline and associated guardrails
- Establish, maintain and drive change management plans to support the adoption and integration of new processes
- Share key project progress milestones with brand and supply chain leadership
- Drive cross-functional adoption of Design for Profit (AUC management) capabilities through people, process and tool evolution
- Structure and operationalize Product Testing process to enhance operational capability and strategic outcomes;
- Partner with P2M leader to coordinate seasonal front-end strategic capability building: fabric rationalization, vendor rationalization, AUC process/governance, with the product development calendar
- Leverage Product Operations Analyst for report and tool creation to improve visibility, efficiency and execution against known and new capabilities
- Continually reassess and refine work process required to competitively deliver product to market.
- Support cross functional team in deployment and maintenance of new assortment and buyplanning tools (PETE)
- Partner with GapTech and supply chain partners to streamline how our process works with established technology ecosystem: PETE/RPT/Tradestone/PLM
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably with supply chain and/or production, retail apparel, management consulting and/or consumer products
- Proven project management and process development capabilities; ability to manage complexity and competing demands
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience; prefer best practice knowledge and demonstrated experience in product creation process and execution, supply chain or creative strategy development
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and translate information into effective strategies and drive results
- Strong oral, written communication and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and meeting facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change outside of span of control or authority
- Experience working in and ability to bring structure to ambiguous and multitasking work environments
- Strong decision making, time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to teach and transfer knowledge
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency preferred
- 4 year Bachelors degree required
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top