Director, Photography & Video
About the role
This position will oversee the Art Direction team for all Location & Studio photo and video assets. This position will be responsible for executing and bringing to life the seasonal and campaign concepts and leading the strategic planning of assets against the ideas. Casting, location, and talent will be led by this position, working closely with the Sr. Manager of Photoshoot Production.
What you'll do
- Partner very closely with the Sr. Director, Concepting & Design to understand the vision and design framework for the season and the "big idea" per month (inclusive of a campaign level idea once per season). Plan casting, location, and photo/video assets to support that vision.
- Understand the needs of each marketing vehicle and "best practices" to develop creative that will have the greatest impact to the customer.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager Photoshoot production to leverage the budget and to identify new ways to shoot photography that will create agility and flexibility in the marketing pipeline.
- Secure a lineup of freelance talent to partner with on a consistent basis to help the brand achieve a recognizable photographic handwriting across end uses and across vehicles.
- Work with the Director, Creative Services to create a seamless and easy system of asset management to enable teams to access photography easily and to communicate preferred assets and video to the marketing and design teams.
-10+ years of experience working as an Art Director/ Photographer for premium brands and/or innovative design firms.
- Experience with sport photography is required.
- Proven experience working with Art Directors, Production, and freelance talent.
- Deep skill and knowledge in all things related to photography and videography.
- Deep knowledge of a "Digital first" marketing approach, understanding the needs of paid and social media and how to capture creative that best suits the requirements of success in those channels.
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quo and can help us to move the brand forward.
- A positive, motivating leader that can easily collaborate and work through confrontation in a solution-minded way.
Sense of Urgency
Back to top