Director, Operations Management
The Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain and Product Operations team is composed of thousands of employees across the world working to bring together the art and science of creating the right product, made well and delivered at the right time.
Thanks to our enormous size and scale, we are uniquely positioned to drive transformative change in the retail industry through both brand collaboration and mill and vendor partnerships. As we work diligently to create operational efficiency and value to the business, our Global Supply Chain is without doubt the true product engine of the enterprise.
Within Global Sourcing, collaboration is key -it's what drives our countless sourcing relationships both within the company and across our vendor network. As a liaison between brands and suppliers, Global Sourcing ensures our products meet our exceptionally high standards for quality and innovation. If you're a collaborator, if you want to work with phenomenal people and great vendor partners, we'd love to meet you.
This role will be accountable for the smooth execution of production activities. You'll drive vendor delivery performance and overall efficiency at a vendor and facility level. Based on your onsite feedback, you'll collaborate with category leadership to refine vendor strategy and the development of new vendors in the geography. Your team will manage the operationalization of systems and processes to ensure activities are disciplined and in accordance with the T&A calendar. As country lead, you'll be a wealth of market intelligence, and provide day-to-day people leadership across all functions in your location.
- Responsible for OTD and AD sample performance for the region ensuring performance is >95%
- Hold vendors accountable to performance and sustainability agreements and determines when course corrections are necessary and aligns with Category Lead on final decision.
- Escalation and comms to Global sourcing leaders - specifically around unforeseen circumstances and their impact. Owns follow ups and close monitoring of vendors.
- Lead VD teams on ground
- New vendor onboarding
- Consistent deployment and operationalization of tools and projects - Eg capacity planning , WIP, PCL ,SMS , in-season project roll out
Market Intelligence & Industry/Govt. relationships:
- Gather on the ground market intelligence - new investments/new vendors coming in region, retailers expansion plan and any new updates
- Responsible for country and regional situational updates and issue management especially those relating to political and economic subject matter.
- Develop local and in country foreign government relationships
Vendor Development Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with vendors to address and drive continuous improvement in production manufacturing process to enhance efficiency and leverage costing advantages
- Drive lean and IE initiatives in region and ensure their successful implementation
- Lead benchmarking activities as it relates to manufacturing excellence in region
- Oversee day to day administrative affairs
- Manage the occupational health & safety agenda for office
- Leads performance management from goal setting and development planning, through mid- and year-end performance reviews. Helps prioritize workload. Acts as a role model for employing technical and soft skills for the vendor development function
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Production and Manufacturing Experience : h as expert knowledge in factory management and factory development
- Team Leadership- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
- Problem Solver can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- p roven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of improvement based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking
Back to top