Director, Operations Management
The position will be accountable and responsible smooth execution of production activities. S/he will be accountable for vendor delivery performance (SOT and AD sample) and will drive production efficiency at vendor and facility level. S/he will provide onsite feedback to management on vendor performance & assisting the category leadership to refine the vendor strategy. S/he will be responsible for keeping up to date on market intelligence as well as develop and onboard new vendors in the geography. S/he is also responsible for operationalization of system/processes in vendor base for appropriate tracking & reporting to ensure activities are happening in accordance with the T&A calendar. As country lead, incumbent will also provide day to day people leadership across all functions and categories in the given location and responsible for Vendor Development (VD) function.
- Responsible for OTD and AD sample performance for the region ensuring performance is >95%
- Holds vendors accountable to performance and sustainability agreements and determines when course corrections are necessary and aligns with Category Lead on final decision.
- Escalation and comms to Global sourcing leaders - specifically around unforeseen circumstances and their impact. Owns follow ups and close monitoring of vendors.
- Lead VD teams on ground
- New vendor onboarding
- Consistent deployment and operationalization of tools and projects - Eg capacity planning , WIP, PCL ,SMS , in-season project roll out
Market Intelligence & Industry/Govt. relationships:
- Gather on the ground market intelligence - new investments/new vendors coming in region, retailers expansion plan and any new updates
- Responsible for country and regional situational updates and issue management especially those relating to political and economic subject matter.
- Develop local and in country foreign government relationships
Vendor Development Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with vendors to address and drive continuous improvement in production manufacturing process to enhance efficiency and leverage costing advantages
- Drive lean and IE initiatives in region and ensure their successful implementation
- Lead benchmarking activities as it relates to manufacturing excellence in region
- Oversee day to day administrative affairs
- Manage the occupational health & safety agenda for office
- Leads performance management from goal setting and development planning, through mid- and year-end performance reviews. Helps prioritize workload. Acts as a role model for employing technical and soft skills for the vendor development function
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Production and Manufacturing Experience : Has expert knowledge in factory management and factory development
- Team Leadership- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
- Problem Solver can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of improvement based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking
Back to top