Director of Quality Engineering
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Drive Efficiency, Consistency & Quality Led Projects (Manufacturing Excellence, Automation and Engineering):
- Responsible for engineering continuous improvement.
- Liaise between regional PQA teams, GIS Office Teams to align on developed Field Engineering goals
- Support Global Quality to define engineering resources needed to reach project goals.
- Support Brands with ideas which can improve 's efficiency and insure its competitive advantage into the future.
Responsible for training and development of Engineers and PQA Engineering Activities
- Create and facilitate AE and Quality Engineering strategies for all the regions
- Identify key opportunities to ensure company quality standards are met
- Maintain robust communication by building strong relationships with senior leadership, regional PQA leaders and vendor partners to drive key initiatives, improved quality & efficiency performance and best practices.
- Use Kaizen, Kanban and 5S to drive consistent and efficiency across the apparel vendor base and PQA teams
- Direct quality engineers in continually evaluating factories for improving quality through proven efficiency applications as 5S, Kaizen & Kanban
- Coordinates & implements engineering systems and processes in factories
- Achieves maximum utilization of engineering manpower by ensuring all PQA teams are properly trained in all aspects of engineering quality methods
- Coordinates & directs the engineering team to implement quality and automation targets at factories in an efficient manner. Assist vendor management on an as need basis with factory implementation
- Develop best manufacturing practices and implement these in our Top 10 vendors
- Works with Sr Director PQA to keep updated on brand's needs and directs the team accordingly
- Responsible for providing a ROI tools to the vendors to influence rapid adoption of techniques and machinery
- Requires a BS in Industrial Engineering or similar and 10 - 15 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has wide knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Industrial Engineering field.
- Is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures within the garment manufacturing field and industrial engineering.
- 10+ years "hands-on" experience in developing and implementing engineering manufacturing processes.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and to keep composure in stressful situations
- Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies. Capable of leading and implementing the practical application of the full range of methods on the plant floor.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives with budget limits and time constraints.
- Experience in working effectively with multiple levels of management and represented work groups
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top