Director of Loss Prevention- West Zone- Gap
About Us In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the firstGap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier tofind a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was ahit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands. Today we're represented in more than 1400 storesin over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London,Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool,elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focusedattention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage whilecreating what's next. Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do morethan sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, tobe active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world.Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead. We stand for freedom and possibility for all; wechampion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders. So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if youwant to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the worlda little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you. Overview TheDirector of Loss Prevention is an enthusiastic, customer obsessed, and resultsoriented security and protection professional. Responsible for ensuring allcompany directed shortage and safety programs are implemented and executed. Establish Loss Prevention protocol andculture for field leaders and store teams, as well as influencing supportfunctions within Gap Inc. Emerging business focus on new store openingsleveraging existing market-based employee resources. Recruiting, training, developing and supervisingTop Talent Loss Prevention personnel. Developing the field organization in the area of Loss Prevention throughtraining, communication and awareness programs. Responsible for ensuring losses of company assets are prevented,investigated, and resolved. Managevendors, physical security, and contract guards. The position requires a leaderwho is Customer Focused, Strategic, Build and Develops Effective Teams andRelationships, and Drives Results in a fast-paced environment. Key Responsibilities Shortage Reduction /Investigations 40%
- Communicateand execute company target store / shortage reduction programs.
- Organizeand facilitate Loss Prevention training for all levels of the fieldorganization.
- Ensurefield presence by routinely visiting stores and participating in fieldmeetings.
- Ensureall policy and procedures of internal controls are in compliance through storevisits and audits.
- Workwith business partners to ensure all aspects of Loss Prevention are integratedinto the daily operations of the stores.
- Assessstore needs to ensure Loss Prevention resources (CCTV, EAS, Public View,manpower) are properly deployed.
- Conductsinvestigations and interviews for inventory, cash loss, and breach of companypolicies and procedures.
- Proactivelymonitor controls to identify employee theft through the utilization of POSexception reporting tools.
- Contributesto Gap Inc. or brand initiatives and projects as directed by leadership.
- Responsiblefor minimizing the financial loss of brand operations related to theft,vandalism, accident and injury recognizing the cost versus benefit of controlprocesses Leadership 40%
- InfluenceLeadership on all areas of Loss Prevention and Risk Mitigation. Businesspartners to include, but not limited to; Brand President, Brand CFO, Field Headof Stores, Regional Directors, Market Leaders, Human Resources, Legal, andOperations.
- Communicatesglobal business understanding and perspective in marketing solutions tobusiness partners.
- Develops,partners, and communicates clear goals, vision and mission to staff andbusiness partners.
- Partnerwith peer Loss Prevention leaders to lead cross brand employee resources todeliver Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Asnecessary, recruit, hire and train Loss Prevention personnel to address needsof brand.
- Creationand facilitation of programs that enhance employee awareness, help foster aculture of integrity through positive communications and messaging, andincrease involvement of all brand employees in loss prevention
- Provideheavy direction to existing market based Loss Prevention personnel on new storeopening procedures and brand Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Identifytop internal and external talent for build out of future team structure.
- Responsiblefor developing and managing performance annually of Loss Prevention personnelas appropriate.
- Committedto continuous improvement while navigating through a complex stakeholderenvironment, and have the ability to gain support for change from differentparts of the organization. Operations / Safety 20%
- Responsiblefor the development and execution of operating plans for expense and capitalbudgets
- Developand manage all areas of LP Budget.
- Effectivelynegotiate contracts on third party providers and maintain those relationshipsto provide necessary services at best possible pricing for Gap Inc.
- Follow-upthrough store visits to ensure compliance of company policy and procedures.
- Assistin the creation of action plans to achieve operational compliance.
- Workclosely with management to communicate and train operational standards.
- Offerrecommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as work place violence,protest and demonstrations.
- Inspectcompliance to company safety policy and procedures through store visits andprovide direction and training to ensure opportunities are identified andcorrected.
- Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation
- Talent Builder
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- · Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills are required.
- · Excellent time management and ability to prioritize / multi task.
- · Proficient in conducting investigations and integrity interviews.
- · Basic knowledge of computer applications; ex: excel, word, and Power point.
- · Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in security or related field
- · Wicklander or Reid interviewing and integration certification preferred.
- · 8+ years of LP experience in one or all of the following disciplines; ecommerce loss prevention, multi-store asset protection, transportation/supply chain loss prevention, facility physical protection, call center operations and investigations with a concentration in e-commerce, widely viewed as an industry expert
- · Ability to travel 30% to 40% of the time
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top