Director of E-Commerce User Experience - Product Engineering
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Director of Product Engineering manages all product teams responsible for the User Experience software design, development, and deployment efforts across Gap Inc.'s multi-brand E-Commerce site. As the leader of this Product Engineering group, you will be the driving force behind the delivery of multiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technical platform. You possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills and have the ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines.
What you'll do
- Accountable for ensuring overall delivery excellence for the E-Commerce User Experience Product Group at Gap, Inc.
- Manage the product teams that build user experience with modern and high performing web UI and cloud technology.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction for engineers following DevOps best practices.
- Work closely with product managers to define strategies for product capabilities, business applications and processes in GapTech.
- Work with E-Commerce platform and API product teams to create world class customer experiences.
- Hire top talent and plan resource needs to support key business initiatives and technical roadmap.
- Evaluate business needs, research and formulate application solutions, and make solution recommendations to Gap Tech leadership.
- 7-10 years of experience in management and leading teams.
- Leading multiple product teams that operate in industry-standard DevOps model (build and run).
- Solid commercial software engineering skills with application development at scale - especially with front-end technologies like React or Angular JS.
- Experience with public Cloud, Java/J2EE commerce platform and CI/CD frameworks.
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and software developers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable Retail systems. Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, industry standards and techniques in development and testing.
- Proven record of process analysis and continuous improvement
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
Back to top