Director Of Digital Technology
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Photo Studio Production team of Gap Inc. is looking for a Director of Digital Technology to join the team at our San Francisco Studio campuses. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, curious, and team-oriented to join our team as a key contributor to our Gap Inc. Photo organization. You will have direct responsibility for the digital photography processes and workflow for all products featured on the Gap Inc. websites (Gap.com, BananaRepublic.com, OldNavy.com, Gap Factory, BR Factory and Athleta.com) you will drive innovation of the imaging aesthetic of these established channels and look to increase efficiency. Technical and analytic competence will be important to success. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to lead an expanding digital creative team at America’s largest specialty apparel retailer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Director of Digital Technology will lead the teams that support Digital Retouching, Digital Tech, and Photography. The successful candidate will have a background in Internet technology with an ability to identify architectural systems and workflow efficiency. Responsible for leading, defining SLA’s and setting goals for photo and digital art teams to meet ongoing business objectives. You will possess expertise in the application of Capture One Pro and Photoshop as well as an ability to think in abstract terms to solve production workflow asset production challenges.
- Drive the Digital Production Team to deliver innovative digital photo and video assets, providing creative inspiration that pushes boundaries while respecting the creative judgment.
- Provide insight on trending online image aesthetic including new opportunities, advising on investment and change strategy alternatives.
- Collaborate with the account team, project management, product management, user experience, and technology teams to deliver effective solutions that meet our business goals.
- Manage and mentor the team to grow as creative professionals and to deliver impactful solutions for our client’s creative challenges.
- Consistently encouraging teams to challenge the bounds of their creativity and knowledge of efficient digital practices.
- Be an evangelist for our team’s capabilities with internal cross brand divisions of the company.
- Presentation skills should be exemplary.
- Providing judgment and solutions to meet cross brand competing for production priorities.
- As a member of an organization serving multiple brands and markets, this role will partner with internal online brand teams to understand business strategies and execution of their seasonal programs.
- Improve efficiency by initiating strategic enhancements and upgrades with tools, business systems, and workflow.
- Provide practical long and short-range concepts to hurdle technology challenges. Identify opportunities that will drive business performance efficiencies.
- A director and leader of people, you will coach, mentor, develop and acquire talented managers to continually improve our thinking and results.
- You will inspire your team, but also have tough conversations when necessary.
- You’ll help teach and coach them in how to work independently and creatively in achieving their goals.
You keep an eye out for constant improvement and seek to know the financial impact and customer experience of the imagery produced by your team, using analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact and identify further business opportunities.
- 5-10 years related production experience
- 8-10 years supervisory experience
- Budget administration
- Extensive knowledge of production processes
- Ability to help solve and articulate production related conflicts
- Savviness for navigating political situations and structures
- Agility to work on multiple projects and with competing priories
- Quick learner who can think creatively and strategically
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity -- about the business and technology
- Independent, self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Receptive to feedback while maintaining a positive attitude
- Develop financial budget, planning and metric reporting to align with divisional goals
- Proficient with budget analysis
- Track record of attracting, hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Ability to communicate persuasively with business partners at all levels in organization
- Comfort around senior management
- Experience working in an on-line business
- Track record of building consensus between various stakeholders yet biased to decisive action to drive toward goals.
- Ability to communicate production needs and recommendations to a range of users.
- Able to communicate effectively, negotiate with and influence with all levels of Management and Business Partners
- Ability to build partnership and influence change
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top