Director of Demand Generation - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
Athleta is seeking a creative and data-driven marketer to lead our new customer acquisition team.
Put simply, your job is to find creative and breakthrough ways to introduce our incredible brand (and innovative apparel) to as many new women as possible. You'll lead both the individual projects and overall processes to ensure we're thinking holistically and creatively as we dramatically grow our (very enthusiastic) customer base.
This is a big, juicy role that requires an ambitious leader with a growth mindset and a proven track record of driving qualified, conversion-driving traffic. You'll introduce new acquisition channels and tactics, including suggesting smarter and more targeted ways to optimize existing approaches (like direct mail, email, social, community, referral marketing, etc). You'll also want to tap into some more unique methods, like brainstorming new ways to harness the power and networks of our most loyal and lasting customers, or leveraging our ambassador and influencer programs in unexpected ways, for instance. This is a role that requires a demand gen leader who understands both the method and magic of marketing required to really break through. We believe that designing both a beautiful and differentiated user experience for all tactics is going to be key to your success.
The ability to work well across teams is a must. The role reports to the CMO but will collaborate with all parts of the marketing team along with the broader creative and analytics team.
- Incredible at spotting trends, patterns, or opportunities in the data that inspire new marketing tactics and creative approaches;
- Able to think laterally to come up with unique, holistic, on-brand campaigns (and work hand-in-hand with in-house designers, copywriters, and freelancers on the related creative);
- Adept at rapid prototyping, so you can learn, test, and optimize in real-time;
- Able to partner very comfortably with the analytics team to understand ROI and upside, putting the right amount of on-going investment against the approaches that are best representing the brand, inspiring customer delight, and driving new customer sales;
- Excited to do some career-defining work with some remarkable people in a purpose-led environment.
- Curious to learn and experiment with innovation
- Able to not only navigate through change, but lead others through it
- Determined, accountable, resourceful, and have a track record of driving results
ONE HARRISON STREET
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 8+ years experience driving demand gen at scale. We expect you'll have a playbook and know-how from day one.
- Excellent creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Proficiency in inbound marketing, marketing automation, and the latest/greatest mar-tech stack.
- Proven ability to generate traffic/demand that converts into paying customers.
- Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – design, merchandising, inventory management, strategy, finance, marketing, creative, agency
- Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA required
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & stock options
- Flexible vacation & sick time
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top