Director of Customer Acquisition and Delight- Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
Athleta is seeking a creative and data-driven marketer to lead our new customer acquisition team.
Put simply, your job is to find creative and breakthrough ways to introduce our incredible brand (and innovative apparel & wellness experiences) to as many new women and girls as possible. You'll lead both the individual projects and overall processes to ensure we're thinking holistically and creatively as we dramatically grow our very enthusiastic customer base.
This is a big, juicy role that requires an ambitious and experienced leader with a growth mindset and a proven track record of driving qualified, conversion-driving traffic.
You'll introduce new acquisition channels and tactics, including suggesting smarter and more targeted ways to optimize existing approaches (like direct mail, email, social, community, referral marketing, etc).
You'll also want to tap into some more unique methods, like brainstorming new ways to harness the power and networks of our most loyal and lasting customers, mining buying behavior from credit card purchases, or leveraging our ambassador and influencer programs in unexpected ways.
This is a role that requires a leader who understands both the method and magic of marketing required to really break through. You'll need to straddle the strategic and creative worlds, partnering with team members across both to delight new customers with incredible stories and offers that drive interest and urgency.
The ability to work well across teams is a must. The role reports to the CMO of Athleta but will also collaborate closely with the Chief Customer Officer of Gap Inc., our parent company. This will enable you to harness the powerful insights and support of a larger team, while also inspiring them with the innovative experiments you'll be running within Athleta.
- Incredible at spotting trends, patterns, or opportunities in the data that inspire new marketing tactics and creative approaches
- Able to think laterally to come up with unique, holistic, on-brand campaigns (and work with in-house designers, copywriters, and freelancers on the related creative)
- Adept at rapid prototyping, so you can learn, test, and optimize in real-time
- Able to partner very comfortably with the analytics team to understand ROI and upside, putting the right amount of on-going investment against the approaches that are best representing the brand, inspiring customer delight, and driving new customer sales
- Excited to do some career-defining work with some remarkable people in a purpose-led environment
- Curious to learn and experiment with innovation
- Able to not only navigate through change, but lead others through it
- Determined, accountable, resourceful, and have a track record of driving results
ONE HARRISON STREET
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 10+ years experience driving demand at scale. We expect you'll have a playbook and know-how from day one.
- You don't need to have retail experience (in fact, we'd welcome a diverse and varied acquisition background), but you're a naturally fast learner who could quickly understand the fundamentals of the business.
- Excellent creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Proficiency in and love for exploring the latest/greatest martech stack to inform your approach.
- Proven ability to generate traffic/demand that converts into paying customers.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams—design, merchandising, inventory management, strategy, finance, marketing, creative, agencies.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects.
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business (or results of your campaigns).
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA required.
WHAT DOES ATHLETA OFFER YOU?
Athleta is a place unlike any other. It's an environment where you can inspire women and girls to reach their limitless potential, but also where you can reach yours at the same time. Sure, we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage everyone on our team to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top