Director, North America Field Learning & Development, Gap Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Gap North America Field Learning & Development Director leads the learning strategy for our Field teams across both our Specialty and Outlet businesses in the US and Canada. This role is also a very important leader within the Global Learning and Development team, influencing and designing learning solutions across the global brand. The Director is responsible for leading the North America Learning and Development team, delivering on the North America regional needs and implementing global solutions within the region.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning Solution Design and Delivery
- Assess, design, develop and manage innovative learning solutions and programs to address the training, development and engagement needs of talent across the North America Field organization
- Lead the design, development and delivery of tools, resources and programs that build individual and team talent, promote improved business performance and employee engagement and the have the flexibility to evolve with our business over time
- Influence the development and execution of Gap Inc. programs and lead the customization and implementation of Gap Inc. programs for the Gap North America Field audience
- Participate in Global Learning and Development program design and development as needed
- Facilitate training and meetings as needed
Learning Strategy and Project Mgmt
- Create and deliver the Gap North America Regional Learning Strategy; includes learning, change management and organizational effectiveness strategies and initiatives to enable the Field to deliver on key objectives
- Implement and sustain Global Learning & Development programs to North America
- Manage Learning and Development strategy across multiple business channels (Specialty and Outlet) and geographies (US and CDA)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all Learning and Development solutions, measure return on investment and track business impact
- Manage all aspects of a multi-dimensional project including planning, budgeting, role clarity and milestone achievement
- Create streamlined processes that enable innovative development solutions to be delivered on time and on budget
- Ensure integration across initiatives within businesses and across businesses
Teams and Partnerships
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners throughout North America including Field leaders, Operations, Human Resources, Visual, Loss Prevention, etc. to deliver fully integrated solutions
- Member of North America Field Leadership team(s)
- Partner with Talent Management colleagues (HQ & Field) in Gap and other brands to align strategies, leverage best practices and share resources
- Manage stakeholder relationships to align purpose and objectives of all strategies, plans and initiatives; communicate and inform stakeholders throughout key projects and initiatives
- Work remotely and through technology to build relationships across large and dispersed geography
- Build and work with a diverse, high performing team
- Establish and manage vendor relationships
55 THOMAS STREET
- Functional Skills
- Highly skilled in learning design, development, implementation and measurement.
- Expertise in assessing organization development needs and implementing solutions.
- Skilled in facilitating to small and large audiences
- Ability to assess business strategies and create aligned organizational effectiveness & learning and development strategies to produce desired business results.
- Ability to manage and adapt to change. Ability to influence and catalyze change with leaders.
- Ability to explain business requirements, partner in the design, work with and implement technology platforms and systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally & in writing.
- Core skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop teams and individuals.
- Ability to work and influence in a matrix organization
- Ability to work collaboratively building relationships and teams across multiple organizational levels and a wide range of geographies.
- Ability to gather and analyze data.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize own time and development activities for others.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and compromise with partners across the organization in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Ability to concurrently manage and lead multiple complex projects.
- Ability to use MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and emerging learning technologies.
- 10+ years of learning and development experience preferably in a retail and/or national organization.
- 7+ years of instructional design experience; Excellent instructional design skills with deep knowledge and ability to use and explain instructional design process and adult learning principles.
- 7+ years of project management experience; Excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Superb verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals and project milestones
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work build relationships across multiple geographies through technology
- Comfort and confidence in dealing with ambiguity
- Proven success leading, managing and motivating others.
- Excellent decision making abilities and ability to integrate information and utilize independent, sound judgment.
- Passion, enthusiasm and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work across business lines, divisions and functions and work with a corporate center effectively.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and emerging learning technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to make executive presentations and build a business case for Learning and Development initiatives.
- College degree required. Masters in related discipline preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top