Director, Merchandise Sourcing (Performance and Activewear)
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Director, Merchandise Sourcing will be accountable for the strategy and planning for global performance and activewear sourcing business, including the overall country and vendor strategy for the brand. The main purpose of the team is leverage category/vendor expertise to enable brand strategies, growth plans, innovative products and future forward supply chain.
What you will do
- Define costing levers for the brand, drive pre-season planning to achieve costing targets and manage total costs by leveraging projected order volumes by category
- Understand high level overview of total seasonal brand initiatives, manage side meeting agenda and cascade information accordingly
- Expert of brand P2M processes and leads team through each season with clear targets and guidelines
- Fair oversight of the brand's seasonal strategy including business performance, focus areas, top 30 styles, etc.
- Responsible for driving the strategic initiatives and processes such as RSC, Seasonal Plan, vendor readiness and monthly book for their brand
- Accountable for vendor allocation and
aggregated costing for their area of responsibility (in line with seasonal strategies and brand targets)
- Align with MM team - prepare for mill week, vendor co-creation, fabric plans, MOU and positioning
- Able to set up business context for any strategic meeting
- Maintain operations/process/IT tool knowledge of team
- In partnership with US based PD leads, ensure development plans are in place for Asia based teams
- Champion Brand culture/aesthetic and ensure that it is understood and followed in multiple locations
- Provide Product Creation teams with category insights to align brand needs with category strategies
- Responsible for day to day people management for Asia-based team members (e.g. performance management, staffing, rewards, approvals for PTO, etc.).
- Global Product Development
- significant experience in driving global product development in Performance and Activewear and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver
- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Global Business Acumen
- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Team Leadership
- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership
- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership
- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder
- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top