Director - MarTech Architecture
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of the design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data, and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact, all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The MarTech architect is a critical role accountable for the architecture of all-new capabilities for our multi-channel, customer-facing marketing technology platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with your Product Management, Engineering and Technical Program Management peers to build the technology roadmap for the marketing area, across of all Gap Inc.'s brands and markets - including our next generation loyalty offering, our branded and co-branded card offerings and personalization at scale.
In addition, you will institute the right processes and practices to ensure high availability of all your applications and services at scale, while leading your team's technical roadmap in the Cloud.
You will be responsible for our marketing platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive, and rewarding to shop online!
The role reports to the Site and Digital architect in GapTech. This is both a technical and people management role.
What you'll do
- Lead the marketing technology (MarTech) architecture team
- Integrate marketing technology products and solutions with existing eCommerce, customer experience, and enterprise technology
- Align the marketing stack with our data platform & data science initiatives
- Ensure data security commitments are met, including securing public APIs
- Design and oversee solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio
- Experience with one or multiple components of the digital marketing technology stack - targeting, segmentation, campaign management, content management, publishing, email marketing, customer data integration, SEM, Display, and Social
- Knowledge of modern enterprise integration patterns (e.g. Publish/Subscribe, API-first, microservices)
- Hands-on, technical experience with data and digital analytics (e.g. Adobe Analytics)
- Prior experience implementing 3rd party MarTech solutions in an eCommerce/B2C company is highly desirable
- Experience with two or more of Java, SQL, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS
- 8+ years of active engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment with people management responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top