Director, Learning and Development, Global Supply Chain
The Director, Learning & Development leads the development and implementation of large scale, global learning programs for Global Supply Chain. The Director is responsible for developing the vision for and driving the Learning agenda for GSC, and the alignment of development solutions to enterprise efforts. This role will focus on functional, technical and leadership L&D programs in support of key business strategies. It will be essential to build effective working relationships with TM, HR, and Learning partners across Gap Inc., and proactively partner with sponsors and stakeholders to deliver timely, high quality L&D solutions to drive business success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, execute & manage development programs that cultivate, engage and develop talent at all levels and roles, building a sustainable global talent pipeline.
- Develop and deliver programs and tools for HR partners that empower them to work with the business to meet talent objectives.
- Design & deliver development strategies in multiple modalities (e.g., virtual and in-person instructor led workshops, self-paced programs, e-learning, blended learning and action & experience-based learning).
- Lead the design and implementation of high impact leadership and management development experiences that provide real time learning and on-going coaching support for leaders at all levels (including targeted Hi Potential development).
- Be an active thought partner for, and collaborate with, the Senior Director of talent to further the vision of developing talent, fostering employee engagement, and building the technical and leadership capabilities needed to drive our success.
Program / Solution Design
- Lead the design, development and implementation of L&D programs, workshops, tools and resources tailored to meet specific needs.
- Analyze performance and learning need, determine scope, select appropriate solutions, leverage traditional and innovative strategies, and create supplemental materials to support learning programs.
- Effectively select and manage contingent design and delivery talent (vendors and contractors) to ensure projects meet quality, cost & schedule requirements.
- Lead role in facilitation of L&D development programs and workshops (e.g. in-person, virtual, and blended learning experiences) for audiences of all levels.
- Facilitate meetings and focus groups as needed for team-building, problem solving, brainstorming, etc.
- Lead role in managing master calendar of L&D programs; includes ensuring logistics, resources, and support are in place to execute successful employee experiences. Plan, organize, and manage resources to support project objectives.
- Partner with enterprise HQ teams to execute key development programs and ensure GSC participation within them.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning & development solutions for GSC, measure return on investment.
- Make recommendations to enhance individual and team effectiveness, and streamline quality offerings. Provide feedback and recommendations to promote sustainability.
- Build sustainable partnerships with TM and HR business partners and leverage relationships to secure support for L&D initiatives, and manage change effectively.
- Participate fully in the Gap Inc. L&D community of practice
Qualifications - External
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Learning Agility – Uses multiple methods to learn new things quickly, asks for and acts on feedback to improve programs, processes, tools and individual performance.
Strategic Orientation – Strong strategic thinking skills and experience building strategic plans; ability to translate strategy into organization capability and develop learning solutions that drive stability and retention; exemplifies excellent decision making, judgment, and common sense.
Drives Results – Solid, proven track record of delivering results; Ability to design strategic organization initiatives and interventions that drive business performance. A demonstrated track record of success in this area is essential.
Change Leadership – Has led large-scale change initiatives; able to plan change activities with an eye on needs of all stakeholder groups, excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communications settings and styles; able to make the complex simple, practical and actionable.
Collaboration- Influencing – Able to build strong, effective relationships with people at all levels, particularly at leadership level; Excellent interpersonal skills/relationship builder and people manager; Ability to consult effectively with senior management; Success in building stakeholder support, alignment and active engagement – Must be a strong business and HR partner.
Resourcefulness & Organizational Agility- Can navigate in a matrixed organization and create + advance ways of achieving results in a highly complex environment; comfortable with and can perform in ambiguous situations.
Talent Builder – Develops the long-term capabilities of direct reports, HR partners and others in the organization in line with the business strategy.
Minimum – Bachelors degree
Preferred – Masters Degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Education, HR or Business preferred but not required
Work experience in Talent/OD/L&D/Human Resources
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top