Director - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
Rethinking the way we work is no small task -- and it's not an extracurricular activity. You will be focused on productivity and efficiencies across Old Navy. You will act as a technical expert and functional champion to reimagine processes and help instill a continuous improvement mindset across the organization. You will leverage the Lean Six Sigma framework to build a foundation of consistency while enabling brand right experiences to delight our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a strong business acumen, superior analytical skills, and extensive Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Drives Results
- Innovation Cultivator
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Focus on driving improvements through more effective processes, elimination of non-value added or duplicate efforts, waste and other related defects and variation in the business process
- Partner across Old Navy at all levels, to identify opportunities, drive operational excellence, and serve as a subject matter expert
- Work with business leaders to develop and prioritize a project portfolio to improve key performance indicators
- Lead projects through all phases of the continuous improvement framework (DMAIC/PDCA)
- Leverage strong organizational, project planning, and project management skills including the ability to define project scope, process, objectives, priorities, project plans and timelines
- Monitor operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and recommend appropriate action
- Find solutions quickly and with confidence - lead the way forward
- Build an effective network for project buy-in and sustainment
- Drive culture change and fact-based decision making throughout the organization
- Develop the organization through training and mentoring on the application of Lean Six Sigma mindset, methodology, and tools
- Structure, prepare, and facilitate learning and problem solving activities
- Create a positive work environment which challenges and inspires to achieve business results
- Bachelor's degree required; technical field preferred
- Relevant professional certifications in Lean Six Sigma required
- Project management certification (PMP or related) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilitating and leading improvement projects
- Demonstrated skills in project management, change management, and communication; comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of an organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and identify potential paths forward
- Strong ability to workshop, collaborate, create recommendations, and execute
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top