Director – IT Service Management
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GapTech's TechOps product group is looking for a senior leader to oversee the process of service management across change, release, asset, and configuration management, with direct influence on incident and other services. Your leadership will oversee a team of managers, employees, and contractor workforce that is directly responsible to drive, measure and analyze service created from your strategic visions. You will interface with many cross-functional teams to deliver strategies related to service management capabilities. This role is critical to drive success in operational processes that deliver services to our product teams and ensure meeting our goals to keep Gap, Inc. highly available and reliable.
What you'll do
- Lead and leverage knowledge and experience to deliver an end-to-end ITSM platform which includes ITIL process design, solution design, technical tooling & automation design requirements, and implementation on a Service Management Platform - Includes governance and oversight of services and process.
- Integrate and support world-class 24x7x365 systems availability and performance through effective Incident, Release and Service-Level Management processes, executive communications, and return-to-service activities.
- Support reviews of Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, finding opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events.
- Develop a service management model to support DevOps transformation to public and hybrid cloud readiness.
- Direct change scheduling to ensure minimum possible impact to operations and members.
- Support the technical processes for Problem Management/Resolution for all system problems. Resolve and report on root cause for all problem events.
- 12+ years of related consulting or industry relevant experience and strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to develop hypotheses, frame problems, and generate relevant insights based on supporting data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with exceptional undergraduate performance from a top tier undergraduate institution within a field of study in Business, Technology, Computer Sciences or related fields
- Knowledge of IT Service Management, predominately change, release, asset, configuration, incident management, framework across Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations, and CSI and experience operating within or driving the foundation or implementation of one or more phases of the ITSM framework in your current or a previous role; ITIL foundations certification at a minimum
- Exceptional oral and written capabilities with demonstrated experience developing well structured, logical, and audience relevant communications; must have strong MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated project management and agile methodology skills and experience working directly within multiple levels of the corporation and experience working with and overseeing large transformation activities and teams
- Willingness to travel when required, approx. 25%
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top