Director, Inventory Management - North America Omni In-Season Management - Men’s Division
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic offers versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. How we create our product is just as important as what we create. Details matter. We strive to make it easy, include and inspire our customers and each other every day, be curious, be honest and kind, unleash creativity and greatness every day and tread lightly on the world.
What We Do: The Men's Yield Management team is responsible for the in-season management of product through omni-channel (Stores/OL) price, promotion, and allocation strategies. The Director leads the Men's team in the development and execution of these strategies. He or she will ensure unique needs of each market are met, while balancing consistency in how we show up the customer across multiple channels. The Director serves as the omni-channel market subject matter expert and is responsible for influencing product offering through analytics, ensuring synergy between the product level forecast and commercial plans, and in-season yield management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coach and develop a team of five planners and analysts ensuring engagement, retention, and bench strength are fostered.
• Responsible for maximizing yield through allocation, replenishment, and in-season promotions and markdowns.
• Partners cross functionally in Commercial Planning to help influence commercial plan, site, emails, across NA markets and channels.
• Influence product strategies pre-season to maximize top line sales, gross margin and customer loyalty by providing divisional feedback through weekly business meetings.
• Partners with Store Planning to validate in season allocation strategies to maximize store GMROI.
• Deliver on financial targets for sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn.
• Ensures customer facing strategy is executed across both channels.
• Foster collaboration and maintain strong relationships between leaders in Marketing, Store Planning, Field Functions, Visual, and Global IM/Merchandising.
• Partners with global planning team and global merchandising team on midsight/ hindsight to develop product and inventory strategies to service all markets.
• Responsible for overseeing Men's Open to Buy, and owns presenting to leadership in Monthly Forecast Meetings.
• Help shape new processes and lead implementation of new practices and tool sets.
• Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
• Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
• Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
• Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
• Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time. Ability to push others to deliver on objectives.
• Organizational Agility: Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
• Problem Solving: Skilled at delivering honest analysis and looking deep and broad to get to root causes of business issues.
• Process Management: Ability to simplify, be nimble, and organize people around complex processes to create a flawless customer experience.
• Technical Learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical application
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- +5 years work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top