Director, Intermix IT
The Director, Intermix IT is accountable for driving and supporting technology initiatives for the Intermix brand within Gap Inc. This is a critical technology leadership role in a dynamic retail environment with a changing technology landscape. The role leads the Intermix IT team in the delivery of technology implementations and operations for Intermix stores (40) and HQ (125 business partners) in support of the brand's goals, objectives and strategy. The role partners with all levels of the Intermix and Gap Inc. organization including GapTech – the technology function of Gap Inc. – to drive the technology agenda and support for the brand.
The ideal candidate will be a proven team builder and leader of people with a business-oriented mind-set and strong strategic perspective. You will need to be able to work effectively in a heavily matrixed organization. You will have spent a majority of your career leading and managing efforts to implement and support technology in partnership with business and IT teams.
You are a great facilitator who is able to build bridges between teams and people, while communicating status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You bring structure to managing projects, drive results, lead implementations and deliver operational excellence. You are motivated by seeing your areas of accountability run smoothly and efficiently while achieving cross-functional shared goals. You have a strong sense of what it takes to exceed expectations and you lead by example in the delivery of results.
- Contribute to the creation of the Intermix technology strategy and own the roadmap for the Intermix IT team.
- Create operational plans for Intermix IT aligned with the strategy and lead the execution of plans with the team.
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, and analysis of service delivery metrics to ensure operational SLA's are continually met and continually improved.
- Be an escalation point for production issues and follow through to resolution.
- Own and perform the role of Project Manager for the delivery of technology initiatives. Manage business partner and IT involvement with projects and ensure completion of project activities to schedule.
- Work with IT project teams and interface with business partners to analyze business needs and determine technology requirements.
- Build strong business relationships and proactively suggest as well as translate their needs.
- Support business application delivery and operations in areas of Accounting, Inventory Management, Planning, Buying, Store Operations, POS, Marketing and other retail applications.
- Lead a team potentially comprised of FTE and contractors generally within the Operations and Business Analysis areas (team of approx. 7 currently)
- Establish clear goals and performance objectives that are aligned to the team vision and strategic direction. Inspire and drive performance of the team. Measure performance against results.
- Create an atmosphere that fosters high performance of collaboration within the organization and with appropriate suppliers that emphasizes teamwork and accountability while rewarding initiative, innovation, discipline and operational excellence.
- Focused on growing a strong team aligned with GapTech and the Intermix business with consistent delivery of business value.
- Develop strong business partnership relationships. Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor/partner. Continuously manage business partner expectations.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with GapTech and business leadership regarding service delivery, initiatives, performance, concerns, etc.
- Engage with senior executives of External Service Providers to plan and manage solutions and services.
- Foster a strong partnership with External Service Providers to deliver on joint objectives and continuously improve, innovate and deliver increasing value together.
- Responsible to create and manage the annual operational budget (approx $1.5M annually).
- Manage PCI and other security requirements to ensure compliance with Gap Inc security standards.
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience preferably in a retail technology environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- High energy level and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong strategic perspective and focus on innovation.
- Inspirational leadership skills to engage and motivate staff and drive high performance.
- Significant vendor management experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups; strong presentation skills necessary to inform and influence a wide range of audiences including senior business leaders.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas and thrives off of business and team success.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top