Director - Human Resources - Stores
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
This is no ordinary HR Job. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-growth brand where you are invited to make an immediate impact to our team and business.We are seeking a dynamic leader who has an authentic connection to our brand mission and who thrives on innovation and experimentation. We desire a change leader who role models growth mindset and comes with strategic capabilities to not only navigate ambiguity, but also prioritize and execute the work to deliver the best outcomes.
You will report to the Head of HR for Athleta and a dotted line into the VP of Stores. You will be responsible for delivering a holistic and integrated Field talent strategy including Recruiting, Learning and Development, HR Operations and Talent Planning strategies that will enable us to achieve maximum results and deliver high levels of employee and customer satisfaction. You will not only move Athleta specific work, but you will also collaborate with enterprise Heads of HR to transform the employee experience across all brands within Gap Inc.
As a high-growth organization, Athleta needs an HR leader who can motivate and inspire a highly talented team and support employees through the inevitable highs and lows of a very dynamic business while keeping an eye on what's possible. We're looking for a cultural leader who can coach and guide senior leadership in bringing out the best in others while delivering premium experiences for our customers and providing opportunities for everyone to do career-defining work.Are you all in?
Collaboration & Influencing
- Key member of the Athleta HR Leadership Team & The Retail Leadership Team responsible for shaping and shifting brand strategies and long range plans.
- Ensure that the organization represents brand values and is recognized as a great place to work
- Develop and communicate a compelling and inspired vision that drives the HR and Field teams to be their best and deliver their best to meet and exceed business objectives and goals.
- Responsible for hiring and developing promotable talent within Field and HR team.
- Oversee and drive the focus on leadership coaching, accountability and capability at all levels of the Field organization.
- Build foster, and leverage effective and healthy relationships with direct reports, stores organization and business partners that results in strong alignment, confidence, morale and spirit within the team.
- Sponsor and lead team to develop programs and processes that build a positive work environment and drive business results.
- Key member of Gap Inc. Store 3.0 leveraged platform representing Athleta's brand priorities and growth imperatives. Participate in heavily matrixed work groups to move broad strategies with brand implications that link to both Athleta objectives and Gap Inc.
- Know when it's time to advance a brand specific point of view across the enterprise. K
- Influence and lead the creation and execution of a multi-year field talent strategy that includes robust Recruiting and Staffing, Field Learning and Development, and Succession strategies and plans to fuel high growth and deliver against LRP.
- Operational Excellence. Develop a scalable HR operating model with clear routines to align with, and drive, growth plans and foundational talent practices, including current and future channels of distribution and markets.
- Identify industry trends and develop innovative strategies to support growth.
- L everage data and insights to influence and drive decision making, accountability and focus.
- Partners with centers of excellence leaders to ensure strategies and services align with the needs and outcomes aligned with the field business strategy.
- Partner with Head of Store Operations on execution of Athleta Service and Operations model.
- Represent a strong point of view linked to Athleta's Long Range Plan in Gap Inc's programs and initiatives.
- Manage escalated risk matters and identify solutions to support growth and minimize risk for the brand.
- Embed Athleta's values, behaviors and standards into everything we do.
- Provide coaching and consultation for Head of Stores and be accountable for development of leadership capabilities for Retail Leadership Team.
- Leads, directs, and develops the Field HR Team to ensure teams are trained, developed, motivated and able to use all effective tools and resources available to drive the business and enable efficiency and scale.
- Retail HR Leadership: 7 -10 years Human Resources generalist experience including at least one senior/director HR generalist role with experience in a field organization. Some specialized experience in Org Design + Effectiveness, Performance and Change Management, Leadership Coaching, Employee Relations, and Compensation a plus.
- Decision Making: Demonstrated ability to assess organizational trends (using data and analytics) to develop HR solutions to drive talent and business outcomes.
- Matrix Team Leadership: Ability to navigate complex political and organizational situations to drive innovation.
- Experimentation: Ability to identify trend, seed ideas quickly and leverage experiments to pilot, test and scale in line with business objectives.
- Change Leadership: Experience leading through significant change, growth & transformation to move an organization forward in a financially responsible way aligned with brand values and purpose.
- Personal Leadership: Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, decisiveness to influence all levels cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed is crucial.
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best in industry leaders and teams.
- Travel & Flexibility: Ability to travel 30-50% of the time, including overnights while maintaining connection to headquarters and serving on various work teams. Keen understanding that a field role requires a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including some nights, weekends & holidays.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top