Director, HQ Talent Acquisition
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Director, HQ Talent Acquisition is part of the Old Navy Global Talent Acquisition Team.
Being a Director at Old Navy means you're doing more than just filling jobs. This position leads Talent Acquisition for Old Navy Global Brand Headquarters (lovingly called Mission Bay) for one of the largest apparel brands in the world. A champion of both the business and talent, this leader, in close partnership with the HR and Communications leaders, will own the end to end candidate experience which ensures that our candidates and employees have the coolest interview experience in retail. As the leader for Talent Acquisition, you are someone who thrives on building communities, networks and teams of people responsible for the success of Old Navy.
The Director, HQ Talent Acquisition will leverage their deep knowledge of the external market and shifts within the retail industry to design, develop and execute a talent acquisition strategy that delivers on the following pillars:
- Amplifies the brand to inspire candidates to explore Old Navy
- Aspirational and consistent end to end candidate and interview experience
- Delivers on talent needs in support of Old Navy's LRP across all geo-locations
- Responsible for providing analysis that supports the needs of executives and business partners
- Connects people to purpose and meaning
- Right talent, right time, ahead of need
Lead & Shape Strategy
- Develop and execute brand talent acquisition strategies and approaches in partnership with Head of HQ + Field Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Field TA Leaders, Business Leaders and Gap Inc. partners.
- Develop effective pipeline & sourcing strategy using a combination of talent branding, external search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, social media, internal talent mining and other relevant methods
- Lead development and design of hiring practices and support materials
- Craft talent branding strategies + campaigns that amplify our brand to the right talent at the right time
- Represent Old Navy in all Gap Inc. talent strategy cross brand initiatives. Advocates for unique needs of our growth brand.
Deliver on Recruitment Activities
- Responsible for effective execution and managing end to end recruiting process to achieve or exceed service level standards.
- Manage and lead HQ recruiting team. Holds team accountable for performance measured both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Execute full life cycle recruitment for senior level requisitions.
Leverage Data and Innovation to Drive Results
- Seeks out and leverages industry & competitor and other business trends to ensure we stay ahead of the competition
- Develop, track, and analyze TA metrics in order to implement continuous improvement of strategies and processes.
- Monitor TA metrics and ensure team is meeting or exceeding deliverables.
- Drive an efficient recruiting life cycle within team, focusing on metrics to improve processes
Build Organizational Capability
- Create an environment where there is shared ownership with our leadership around talent outcomes
- Develop leadership + technical capabilities with recruiting team
- Proactively identify and educate managers on factors that could impact the hiring process (e.g. relocation, non-compete agreements, immigration)
- Participate in Talent Exchanges within brand, across brands
- Mentor and inspire talent internally at Old Navy to fuel talent pipeline
- Collaborate across Old Navy and Gap Inc. brands/teams to support improvements and the sharing of best practices, deadlines, workflow, and process and systems improvement.
- Ensure + create consistency across Talent Acquisition, in partnership with the Director, Field TA.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Skills & Experience & Requirements
- 10+ years full life cycle recruiting + leadership experience
- Prior experience leading and managing teams
- Knowledge of/experience in recruiting practices + processes in markets outside the US preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, strong networking skills, candidate research and outreach
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
- Demonstrated decision making through global thinking by balancing individual responsibility while considering the departments' needs and goal.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large, team environment
- Able to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner executive presence
- Demonstrated excellent communication/presentation skills to all audience levels
- Strong computer skills - MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook a plus), Experience with ATS & social media platforms.
- Ability to travel for recruiting trips and/industry events
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top