Director, Graphic Design
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
As the Old Navy Director of Male Graphics, you are the creative sharp point of ON's Male graphics business (Mens, Boys, Family & Logo). In this role, you own the seasonal direction, creative briefing, and delivery of seasonal t-shirt collections that are culturally and artistically evolved, brand proud, original and strategically grow the business. In addition, you are a cultural sponge and create with audacity. As a creative leader, you will present your vision in a way that evolves ON's aesthetic and has lasting, creative influence on our artists. Finally, through strategic project management, cross functional diplomacy, as well as an adaptive approach to the ever-changing state of our business, you strive to be a best in class leader within the Design community.
What you'll do
- Lead the concept, creation and presentation of world-class, trend-aware apparel graphics and branding that are aligned with Old Navy values and seasonal direction
- Partner with Sr. Director on key special projects
- Contribute to seasonal graphics collection in an as-needed capacity to shape, grow and inspire the greater body of work
- Develop, inspire and manage (Male) graphic design team
- Sustain best practices in production with respect to seasonal milestones, dates & gates
- Cultivate strong cross-functional partnerships to ensure brand alignment and growth trajectory
- Drive for innovative practices, application, and sustainability
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years senior level as an art director or equivalent in an apparel graphics environment, with the proven ability to effectively lead & inspire teams and develop talent across divisions.
- 12+ years professional design experience.
- Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g., printing methods, apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Expert computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Expert hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing)
- Expert time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top