Director, Global Production Strategy & Operations - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
GENERAL SUMMARY: SupportOld Navy Global Production (GP) in managing large-scale process initiatives. Work closely with all cross-functional teamsand Gap International Sourcing (GIS)partners on continuous improvement efforts to deliver results that impactbottom line. Partner with Gap Inc.Supply Chain Strategy team, integrating enterprise-wide projects with minimaldisruption to the existing Old Navy process. Drive standard process & procedures, discipline and adherence to keydeliverables for projects. Develop andreport out on key metrics to drive toward efficiencies. Provide input and support for executive levelreporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy workincludes but not limited to:
- Work with senior members of GP to prioritize Supply Chain programs, sign up for and be accountable for specific brand goals regarding program implementation and benefit generation
- Successfully lead and communicate change initiatives so they are understood within the function and raise awareness for the group and work in the greater organization
- Develop synergetic relationships with brand, Global Supply Chain (GSC) and Gap Inc. functions that can aid in the implementation and execution of sourcing strategies to drive speed and growth
- Work with Design to develop and implement strategies that support and foster the creative process
- Drive the development of Production Dashboard, including overseeing quantitative and qualitative analyses and leading and partnering with cross-functional business partner
Operations work includes but not limited to:
- Manageprojects requiring coordination across GP and other functional areas utilizingfundamental project management structure, processes and tools (e.g., cross-functionalproject teams, project charters, timelines, meetings, progress updates)
oIntroductionand roll-out of new product team tools, in collaboration with Gap Tech
oProcessimprovements for the product teams including Design
oLong RangePlanning for sourcing, quality, fit
- Identifyopportunities to reduce complexity of operating model and lead change effortsto drive significant improvement in execution
- Createprocesses for cross functional product teams to meet Production goals (e.g.,optimize average unit cost, maximize fabric platforming opportunities, increaseresponsive supply chain capabilities) and track progress
- Guideongoing process improvement and refinement.Continually reassess and refine work process required to competitivelydeliver product to global market
- Establishframework and process to minimize non-strategic change throughout developmentand order placement process
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all Productionreporting tools and databases, in collaboration with Tools & Training team
- Provide support and input for executivepresentations
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Knowledge, skills& abilities:
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to transfer knowledge
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and can influence and interact at all levels of the organization
- Proven meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and turn information into effective strategies to drive results
- Demonstrated experience in influencing change outside of span of control or authority
- Ability to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency preferred
- 4 year Bachelors degree required
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably with supply chain, retail apparel, management consulting and/or consumer products
- Experience within multitasking work environments, and tight deadlines
- Must have best practice knowledge and demonstrated experience in retail apparel or similar
- Strong knowledge of retail/apparel experience
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top