Director, FP&A, Finance - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Lead the monthly forecast and close, annual budget and long range planning processes for the Brand. Provide support to VP of Finance and CFO on earnings scenarios and provide critical inputs for P&L optimization. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities to financial plan to Brand leadership.
- Managing a team ranging from Staff Analyst to Sr. Manager, this position will serve as the overall financial support lead for the Old Navy long-range plan, annual budget, and monthly forecast and close processes
- The function is part of the Global Finance team, with primary business partners being the Corp Finance teams, Brand Expense Owners, Company Planning, and Finance leadership
- Principal customers are the Brand President, Brand Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and VP of -Finance
- This individual will participate in Corporate, CFO, and Divisional management updates and frequently brief key constituencies on financial performance projections
- Coordinate monthly financial forecast submissions with international country finance managers
- Perform ad hoc analysis and business case modeling to support new country launches
- Provide financial analysis to support international LRP
- Serve as the long-range plan financial lead
- Develop analysis and financial perspective in support of Brand strategic direction and provide visibility to and balance risk and opportunity
- Lead a successful annual budgeting process by managing complex financials, maintaining flexibility in a fast-pasted environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs
- Ensure continuous progress towards profitability metrics such ROIC, and influence thoughtful and disciplined execution of our investments
- Establish key partnerships with our Corp Finance and other Brand Finance teams
- Engage in regular dialogue with brand counterparts to gain an understanding of divisional issues/priorities and increase Corporate visibility to performance
- Lead work in collaborative style, become a sought-out partner, and continuously evaluate the impact of our activities on others
- Manage and enhance financial analysis, reporting and consolidation to minimize production time and maximize value key customers
- Identify areas to improve the effectiveness of our financial planning activities and relentlessly strive to streamline processes or improve tools
- 10+ years experience in finance, with multiple expense line ownership. Previous FP&A experience required.
- Demonstrated talent for using analytical systems in daily work
- Demonstrated ability to master technical applications
- Strong reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment
Strategic & Organizational Agility
Understands how business/organizations work
- Expert grasp of detail and impacts of actions
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
Exceptionally strong results orientation and bias to action
- Can be counted on to push self and others to exceed goals successfully
Collaboration, Composure & Comfort around Higher Management
Is cool under pressure
- Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough
- Is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; can effectively manage multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Effectively working with your peers, partners, and others that are not in the line of command; each level has two threads: nature of engagements and approach to resolving issues
Empowerment & Organizational Builder
Developing the long-term capabilities of others and the organization, and finding satisfaction in influencing or even transforming someone’s life or career; effective people developers are often those who like the idea of making themselves redundant or growing their people beyond themselves, and taking pride in that
- Building up and strengthening the team; delegating authority with the intent of enabling the team to work effectively without direct management
Managing & Operating Skills
Able to set priorities, foster teamwork and set expectations for direct reports
- Ability to prioritize - demonstrating logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with a focus on developing practical solutions
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top