Director - Fabric Research & Development - Wovens
- New York, NY
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.
About the role
The Director of Fabric leverages consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will drive a Fabric First mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also provides direction and thought partnership to their team in NY as well as the Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
What you'll do
- Analyze fabricneeds across the brand. Manage leveragingopportunities, insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricingarchitecture and are being cost engineered.
- Demonstrate asound understanding of design, merchandising, and product developmentpriorities.
- Drive fabric processdiscipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment ateach key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Accountable for managingthe people strategy including, hiring, retention and compensation decisions,capability and skill development, career development and succession planning.
- Utilizeinsights from fabric testing tracker and risk assessment tool to level setexpectations across functional areas.
- Establish Fabricdevelopment KPIs and branddiscipline on number of seasonal developments.
- Support pricingguidelines for line plan.
Who you are
- Woven FabricExpertise- significant experience with fabric constructions, dyetechniques, finishes and garment construction andmanufacturing/sourcing processes.
- ProblemSolver- can proactively solve problems and effectively managemultiple challenges.
- TeamLeadership- has successfully led large teams (direct and dotted linereporting relationships).
- Collaboration- provenability to influence and make decisions across geographies in amatrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- PersonalLeadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing,and collaboration across a leadership team.
- ChangeLeadership- experience leading with and without authority to influenceothers and drive decision-making.
- TalentBuilder- proven track record of assessing, attracting,developing best-in-industry teams.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top