Director, Fabric Development and Technical
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role will lead the team to drive Fabric & Mill strategies for the category for ensuring competitive advantage, innovation and cost savings for Gap Inc. The role will be accountable and responsible for strategic fabric development and capitalizing the fabric platforming opportunities. The role would need to liaison with R&D and designers to cultivate innovation, quality and end to end partnership. The role works in partnership with the technical lead to ensure commercial decisions meet quality standards that we have and take advantage of cost engineering opportunities with our mills.
What you will do
- Responsible for managing the AUC targets
- Accountable for approving final costing closure of Strategic fabrics
- Develops innovation and quality at mills through partnership with the technical lead, QA, design and R&D
- Work with category lead and category strategy team to identify fabric platforming opportunities, negotiation strategy and recommendations on raw material commitments, pricing and hedging of commodities through supplier positions
- Determine and provide fabric platforming choices and options to Brand teams
- Work with the Gap Inc. Fabric function to drive platforming opportunities and to understand brand needs and demand
- Maintain a robust, brand appropriate base of mills that meet each brand's aesthetic
needs while operating under the principles of creating leverage where possible
- Build effective strategic relationships with leaders and successfully partners across Category with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive the functional results
- Partners with Vendor Management, QA and technical teams to lead the resolution of in-season issues during production on quality issues found with fabric.
- Developing technical skills of the team
Who you are
- Global Fabric Sourcing Development
- Experience in driving the development of fabric including designing, sourcing and utilization of various materials.
- Global Business Acumen
- Experience in building a multiyear growth strategy in a materials function
- Problem Solver
- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership
- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership
- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder
- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Experimentation -
proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top