Director, Email Marketing - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Director of Email Marketing will be a leader on the Marketing team responsible for leading the online marketing function with a focus on analytics, forecasting, email segmentation, circulation and personalization strategies and optimization. He/she will come from a retail background and will have extensive knowledge of the ecommerce space.
- Grow Digital Acquisition & Revenue: Responsible for partnering with centralized marketing team and media lead to drive traffic, conversion and ROI for all digital acquisition channels, including paid search, natural search/SEO, affiliate, display advertising (remarketing, programmatic, addressable media, direct-buys), comparison shopping engines and marketplaces, and some social media.
- Oversee Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting: Manage forecasting process for all digital channels, including monthly/weekly/daily forecasting reporting at a channel level for traffic, revenue, spend and other performance KPI's. Partner with company planning to ensure alignment to total brand budget and forecast.
- Drive and Grow Email Strategy: Responsible for segmentation, forecasting, testing and overarching direction of email program including optimization of daily batch & blast emails as well as personalization and segmentation strategies.
- Drive Optimization: Seek optimization and growth thru continuous cadence of A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization and more.
- Responsible for all online reporting and analytics. Be a thought leader in how we manage reporting for the online channel and manage both cross functional teams and direct reports to deliver on seamless, action oriented digital reporting.
- 7+ years management experience leading a team of digital specialists
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience in ecommerce with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Strongly KPI oriented: acquisition, conversion, ROI
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and analytics, especially paid search, natural search, display, and retargeting.
- Strong proficiency in digital trends and best practices
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses – demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics and other web metric systems
- Retail / ecommerce experience required.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with "can-do" attitude
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top