Director - E-Commerce - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Director of Ecommerce Supply Chain Operations & Strategy will play a crucial role in accelerating the growth of Gap Inc.'s online businesses around the world. We partner with supply chain, product and brand leadership to enable Gap Inc's online businesses to deliver on their commercial targets and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experience for our customers. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management. We are looking for a candidate with experience in ecommerce operations and a proven track record of strong leadership, partnership, strategic and analytical skills. The candidate should be passionate about working cross-functionally to solve some of Gap Inc's most interesting and challenging problems.
The Director is a key partner to supply chain operations, brand operations, product management and brand partners in the development and execution of existing and new operational analysis, processes, tools, and strategies to drive business priorities and a better fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers. As part of the Central Ecommerce Brand Operations team covering all brands and global markets, s/he works to prioritize and deliver solutions that "grow the whole pie" rather than focus on one brand or one geography.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operational and Strategic -
- Serve as a fulfillment authority to brand Online/Finance/Company Planning teams, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customer delivery model that can be supported by DC operations
- Serve as the "connective tissue" driving alignment and communication among supply chain functions (DC operations, transportation, analytics, contact center, product, tech) that serve ecommerce fulfillment, including leading weekly calls and ad hoc communications
- Maintain regular and detailed reporting for online fulfillment from DC and stores, proactively identifying/investigating issues and improvement opportunities, and then driving to solutions
- Partner with product management and business intelligence in development of new, automated reporting tools and dashboards, providing business insight into use cases, data relevance and data visualization
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc '80/20' analysis, as well as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling, financial modelling) as needed
- Lead critical holiday readiness initiatives to ensure successful ecommerce fulfillment during Gap Inc's busiest and most critical season
- Model network health as it relates to forecasted cross-brand demand and cross-facility capacity, making recommendations to maximize growth and mitigate risk
- Drive analytics and alignment for key holiday readiness decisions, including shipping speed, shipping cut-offs, shipping costs and customer impact, presenting recommendations as a set of options and trade-offs
- Partner with brand web production and marketing to implement holiday fulfillment initiatives
- Accountable for holiday readiness among supply chain functions supporting the ecommerce business
- Maintain ongoing understanding of ship-from-store operations, partnering with brand and supply chain partners to assess impact of ship-from-store on ecommerce fulfillment for each brand
- Regularly support and/or drive special projects related to ecommerce fulfillment for Gap Inc's brands globally, typically working cross-functionally. Examples could include new packaging launch, new delivery option launch, assessment and implementation of third party solutions
Communication and Partnership -
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including DC Operations, Transportation, Advanced Analytics, Company Planning, Marketing and Production
- Manage senior-level communication to global supply chain and brand leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations
- Assess cross-functional training needs and develop materials to support performance improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
- 10-15 years of total experience, with 3+ years of experience in ecommerce fulfillment strategy and/or operations
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis and modelling, creative problem solving, and complex cross-functional project management
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retail technology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
- Learning Agility
- Change Leadership
- Collaboration & Influence
- Drives Results
- Analytical & Critical thinking
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Problem solver
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top