Director, E-Commerce Fulfillment, Global Supply Chain, Gap Inc.
The Director of E-Commerce Fulfillment will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of Gap Inc. brands' online businesses around the world as well as transforming our supply chain. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management.
The Director is the primary partner to the brand's online team in the development and execution of inventory position, customer fulfillment offers and forward-looking online strategies in response to business priorities. S/he monitors network capacity based on the brand's commercial plan and performance, and DC network health. S/he is a key partner for planning brand demand and helping operational teams to overcome risk and prioritize investment. S/he leads the operational hindsight process to drive continuous improvement efforts between the brand online team and logistics network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the fulfillment authority to brand Online/Finance/Company Planning teams, in conjunction with Brand Operations leader, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customer delivery model to support inventory availability and DC operations.
- Maintain ongoing understanding of network capacity, Brand "share of capacity". Partner with IM and Online Company Planning to set targets to maximize network utilization
- Drive appropriate actions to manage/optimize network performance based on insights produced by central eCommerce Fulfillment team
- Responsible to provide DC/logistics network with accurate brand forecasts based on Brand priorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates "out of guardrails" demand prioritization and non-standard delivery needs
- Build the DC level plans that roll-up to the annual operating plan and unit alignment updates, including outbound flow forecasts and capacity management guard rails
- Manages cost driving components of Service Level agreement to ensure business needs are balanced with company's financial targets:
- Set goals and metrics to ensure fiscal targets are met
- Lead training & communication efforts to support Distribution best-practices and DC initiatives
- Partner with GSC Advanced Analytics team to ensure thorough tracking of applicable metrics to support the brand; Oversee use of reporting to identify risk to commercial plans and activate functional owners in the brand and in the network
- Drive strategy development around network optimization, DC capacity, and inventory availability, in conjunction with Brand Operations Lead
- Participate in Gap, Inc. initiatives and act as brand representative to the corporation
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including Logistics Operations, IM, DC Operations, Transportation, Company Planning, Marketing and the Field
- Manage senior-level communication to divisional leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Partner with Logistics Operations leaders to gain alignment on business requirement and support to address inventory availability priorities
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations.
- Assess divisional training needs and develop training materials to support performance improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
- Coordinate with other brands to leverage best-practices and constantly re-engineer allocation strategies - through process or system improvements
- 10+ years of experience in strategy or management consulting with focus on eCommerce fulfillment, operations or IM
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis, creative problem solving, and complex project management (across time zones, cultures and languages)
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retail technology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.)
- Learning Agility
- Change Leadership
- Collaboration & Influence
- Drives Results
- Analytical & Critical thinking
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Problem solver
Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor's degree required
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top