Director, DC Infrastructure
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We're looking for a Distribution Center Infrastructure Manager to successfully oversee the end-to-end process of design, execution and delivery of infrastructure located in our distribution centers, our data center in Chandler, AZ and the cloud. In this role, you'll oversee a team of technical managers, systems engineers, database administrators, and network engineers through the successful design, execution and communication of infrastructure plans and strategies to meet or volume and efficiency goals in our network of global distribution centers. This role is critical to the success of delivering Material Handling Engineering installations and improvements for both our retail and online channels.
What you'll do
- Oversee the technical management and planning of projects across the global DC network
- Manage the DC Systems Engineering team, DC Network Engineering team, and DC Database Adminstrator team, handle escalations and remove roadblocks
- Review and be accountable for a 20M+ Budget
- Ensure team and projects follow proper process including utilization of agile methodologies
- Work with Product Teams responsible for software stack that manages and integrates with all distribution center functions
- Travel to Distribution Centers to participate in concept sprints, and discussions with teams
- Work with the Centralized Product Lines (InfoSec, Infrastructure, Audit and Risk, etc) to understand their needs and project time lines
- Work with other Product Lines in GapTech and their TMs and Product Managers to understand resource needs from this team
- Provide feedback and career guidance to full time employees
- Participate in product line strategy discussions around architecture and process improvements
- Ensure relevant alerts are configured for all infrastructure
- Ensure team is monitoring dashboards for capacity and performance management - per site
- Apply standardized configuration to each piece of infrastructure Network device
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of infrastructure and/or software management experience
- Willing and able to travel to the distribution centers, including Canada and the UK, as needed
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of technology and business partners
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top