Director, Commercial Planning, Specialty
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Director, Commercial Planning, Specialty drives the cross functional team including Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Stores, to build annual & seasonal marketing plans that drive profitability and resonate with the consumer. Balance strategy preseason planning with in season contingencies to drive long term growth and weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. Lead Specialty team including in country marketing leaders and support the right mix of consistency and localization.
- Ensures annual and seasonal commercial plans are managed in season with a balance of commitment to the strategy and flexibility to read and react to business.
- Establishes and institutionalizes processes to ensure annual and seasonal promotional activity is planned strategically and executed seamlessly that are led by data.
- Provides a customer filter for all promotion discussions. Supports business owners with customer insights and competitive landscape data to ensure the most compelling and ultimately, revenue driving promotion messages.
- In partnership with Director, Brand Management, develop annual and seasonal commercial plans including target customer, retail promotions, in store marketing/ windows and direct marketing
- Coordinate efforts between Gap Inc. managed promotion vehicles (GCP) and brand managed messages to ensure seamless customer experience
- Partner closely with Online Marketing leads in North America on promotion cadence; strike the balance between consistency for the customer and channel specific messages that meet individual business needs
- Work collaboratively with marketing partners in NA Brand Management, Online, Store Experience, Creative, Visual & Gap Inc. Marketing Centers of Excellence and ensure connectivity with global teams and regional marketing leaders.
- Lead planning and execution among the store business units; serve as the communication hub between business partners (Company Planning, Inventory Management, Store Operations)
- In partnership with global team and regional teams, establish balance between global consistency and local customization. Ensure local needs are address including holidays/ cultural events / store specific opportunities/ openings/ tiers/ new markets
- Leads and inspires team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Create robust in-season testing strategy to maximize top line & profit while using process a catalyst for new & innovative lease line ideas.
- Partnering with the marketing effectiveness team to validate recent promotional activity.
- Responsible for managing Cross channel programs like: Gap Cash, Friends & Family, GCP & Mystery events to maximize revenue & profit of each.
- Depth of experience and expertise in retail marketing (10+ years), fashion retail preferable Experience successfully leading global teams and building strong remote relationships Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence cross functionally and with senior leadership Excellent analytical and retail math skills with understanding of how promotion levers can be pulled to drive key metrics (Sales, Margin, AUR, SOT, Traffic, Conversion) An expressed understanding of the Gap brand (including customer, aesthetic, taste level, competition) Proven experience and ability to work with cross functional organizations
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top