Director - China Logistics
From cotton to customer our Global Supply Chain and Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, produce, deliver and build our inventory capabilities for Gap Inc.'s iconic American style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and across multiple channels e.g. On-line, Stores, Outlet and Franchise.
Our Logistics and Fulfillment network is in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. The supply chain is at the center of transformative shifts in fulfillment, customer service and inventory optimization across channels and markets coupled with rapid global growth. We have to continue to increase flexibility and speed to unlock value across our portfolio of brands, markets and channels.
The Director of China Logistics will play a critical role as part of the China logistics leadership team which is comprised of heads of China Logistic market. The key stakeholders for this role will include; the global logistics functions such as engineering, finance, LRC and strategy and with Gap Inc., global functions such as; strategic sourcing, IT and inventory control. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a transformational, challenging and collaborative role to shape the agenda and future of China logistics.
This role will support the Senior Director of China Logistics and will help determine a multi-year roadmap to design and build world class capabilities needed to operate retail, e-commerce and franchise operations in China.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
40% - OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Lead 3PL Warehouse Management System (WMS) improvements in the China Distribution Centers (DCs), including new capabilities that support inventory flexibility and market / channel growth.
- Provide consultation and project management in China DCs for new initiatives and critical events.
- Support IT integration, testing and implementation between GAP tech and 3PL WMS teams.
- Drive standardization of processes and reporting across China DCs to improve efficiency and communication to global partners.
- Key contact between China DCs and corporate internal audit, SOX and inventory control teams and PdM (IT product management) .
- Secondary support for the Logistics Resource Center (LRC) team.
30% - STRATAGY
- Key contact for Global logistics strategy team based in the US.
- Responsible for developing strategies, business cases for new logistics capabilities, as well as potential logistics networks.
- Includes preparing and giving presentations on options, costs, regulatory constraints etc.
- Must include cross-functional thinking, to ensure wide alignment on potential strategies, including multiple calls with cross functional business partners.
30% - SOURCING AND VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- Key contact for strategic sourcing in support of China DC operations.
- Support ongoing commercial and other negotiations with 3pls.
- Work with cross functional partners on new RFPs, subsequent negotiations, internal evaluation of potential vendors and awarding of contracts.
- On-going vendor management - outside of contract KPIs.
• 8-12 years of experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar analytic role
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience / MBA would be preferred.
• Experience in e-commerce fulfillment, strategies and transportation highly valued (retail preferred)
• Proficient at project management and senior management communication: excellent written and oral communication skills
• Leadership Competency
1. Strategy Orientation: Demonstrates ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues
2. Innovation Cultivator: Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions
3. Change Leadership: Experience with leading transformation and implementation work
4. Drive Results: Ability to influence and manage project outcomes to deliver results; Self-motivated leaders improves business practices for high performance levels
5. Collaboration & Influencing: Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
6. Accountability: Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment; sets & tracks strict limits, stretch standards while meeting deadlines
7. Resourcefulness: Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly
8. Talent Builder: Proven and motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and a keen interest in developing team members
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top