Director, Buying Operations & Strategy
This role will be focused on the strategic optimization ofour merchandising and product processes, working across functions, so that ourteams can operate more efficiently. Responsible for the omni-channelsmerchandising strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead omni-channel strategies to ensure consistent message,product and allocation based on channel specific needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and key issues todevelop conclusions and strategically implement plans that are supported withqualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Support Chief Merchant and Buying team with pipeline andoperations management, including planning and communications around keyupcoming deliverables and milestones.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional projects that arecritical for driving business results.
- Proactively foster cross-functional relationships,anticipate issues, and mediate between teams to develop resourceful solutions.
- Manage, prioritize, organize, and coordinate Buying simplification"book of work"
- SupportChiefMerchant on strategic and organizational initiatives
Planning, E-commerce, Marketing, Retail, Finance.
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with web and physical stores
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to strategically segment large projects into smaller,actionable deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects,to prioritize, and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Willingness to participate in detailed workand drive execution.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to developand maintain effective business partner relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowsthe importance and value of clear, timely communications
- Able to facilitate cross functional discussions acrossdifferent seniority levels, to get to a productive outcome.
- Passionate about making how streamlining processes to drivebusiness results.
- Experience with meeting planning and recapping.
- Can deal with and navigate through ambiguity.
- Proactive self-starter capable of operating with littlesupervision
- Preferably has 10+ years of experience in a Buying or keyproduct-based role.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top