Director, Buying Operations & Strategy
This role will be focused on the strategic optimization ofour merchandising and product processes, working across functions, so that ourteams can operate more efficiently. Responsible for the omni-channelsmerchandising strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead omni-channel strategies to ensure consistent message,product and allocation based on channel specific needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and key issues todevelop conclusions and strategically implement plans that are supported withqualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Support Chief Merchant and Buying team with pipeline andoperations management, including planning and communications around keyupcoming deliverables and milestones.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional projects that arecritical for driving business results.
- Proactively foster cross-functional relationships,anticipate issues, and mediate between teams to develop resourceful solutions.
- Manage, prioritize, organize, and coordinate Buying simplification"book of work"
- SupportChiefMerchant on strategic and organizational initiatives
Planning, E-commerce, Marketing, Retail, Finance.
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with web and physical stores
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to strategically segment large projects into smaller,actionable deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects,to prioritize, and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Willingness to participate in detailed workand drive execution.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to developand maintain effective business partner relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowsthe importance and value of clear, timely communications
- Able to facilitate cross functional discussions acrossdifferent seniority levels, to get to a productive outcome.
- Passionate about making how streamlining processes to drivebusiness results.
- Experience with meeting planning and recapping.
- Can deal with and navigate through ambiguity.
- Proactive self-starter capable of operating with littlesupervision
- Preferably has 10+ years of experience in a Buying or keyproduct-based role.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top