Director- Brand Store Operations
About Us In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands. Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next. Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead. We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders. So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you. Overview The Director, Product Operations strategizes inventory solutions, product lifecycle initiatives, along with productivity and efficiency strategies at the company and Field Entity levels. They will provide vision and thought leadership that influences global store strategy in North America, Europe, Japan, and China. This role will independently influence merchandise and inventory decisions which impact the total brand, both upstream and in-season management. This role will need to influence Gap leadership to ensure buy into region/localized strategies and display the ability to contribute to key strategic product to market strategies. The Director, Product Operations will work to achieve operational excellence, and will enable teams to understand, celebrate and sell our product through effective promotional entry and execution. The Director, Product Operations will work closely with Field Leadership to identify business needs and then provide the tools and resources necessary to act upon them. They will inspire others and foster a culture of continuous growth and evolution. Key Responsibilities · Develops and seamlessly integrates initiatives designed to drive external and internal customer satisfaction and business efficiencies. · Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders, keeping the Brand competitive while understanding the impact of initiatives on customer experience, store workload, productivity, employee engagement, and compliance. · Analyzes opportunities, designs forecast, drives results and measures the success of initiatives in the store environment. · Maintains working global knowledge of competitor practices; provides benchmarking and key insights. · Partners with Store Operations Leadership Team to define, prioritize, and implement strategic initiatives in support of divisional strategies and divisional financial goals. · Delivers solution oriented, well executed initiatives on time and on budget, which drive store performance. · Collaborates with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement. · Develops and manages budgets/resources for initiatives. · Preserves Brand image and priorities in stores, with customer as the primary focus. · Develops individuals ; provides thoughtful and timely feedback. Organizational Leadership · Builds strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels with Gap Brand Store Operations, Store Leadership Teams, Market Planning, Global Planning, Store Planning/Inventory Strategy, Marketing, Design, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Finance, Communications, Human Resources, and Learning and Development. · Establishes partnerships across geographies (North America, Europe, Japan, China). · Represents Stores and Brand Store Operations team with executives and other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores. Leads and inspires teams to be; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Retail Store StrategyDevelopment-experiencein developing and executing profitable, holistic strategies and plans in globalretail organizations with customer as the primary focus.
- Innovation-has executed unique and creativeideas that have successfully influenced store productivity.
- Problem Solving-has demonstratedability to find solutions to difficult or complex issues; can anticipateconsequences.
- Organizational Agility-has navigated large,global, complex organizations; can demonstrate driving results.
- Planning, Coordination,Execution-hasintegrated a large volume of information into effective, productive,streamlined plans.
- Team Leadership-has successfully ledlarge teams of direct and matrixed individuals.
- Personal Leadership-demonstrated executivepresence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration with a senior leadershipteam.
- Change Leadership-experience leadingthrough significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
- Collaboration-proven ability influencing atall levels and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environmentwhere speed is crucial.
- Talent Builder-proven track record ofassessing, attracting and developing best-in-industry leaders and teams.
Collaboration & Influencing
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top